Friday, April 12, 2013

Packing: T Minus 2 Weekends

The countdown has begun.  We have two more weekends to get the house ready for sale.  We've decided to keep our furniture in the house rather than have stagers bring in furniture, but the house has to be minimally furnished (ever notice how spacious those staged houses look?) so we've been spending time every weekend packing up all the "extra" things that make a house look lived in.

And, there are some things I'm just not comfortable with movers packing for me.  We just moved two years ago and I remember unpacking some of my boxes with horror, discovering how items with nothing in common had been packed in the same box (kitchen whisk with bathtub spa pillow anyone?).  This morning, while cleaning out storage, I finally find the mate to a brown boot that has been missing since our last move.

In the picture above, I am packing my own scrapbooking supplies.  As any crafter knows, there are lots of tiny things when it comes to art and keeping them organized is key to finding them quickly when working on a project.  I'd like to think I'm a fairly organized person but somehow, after I finish a few projects, all my supplies are in disarray.  So, I went and grabbed all the little boxes I could find to use to group "like" things: sharp things with sharp things, little things with little things.  And when the boxes are full and can be closed, there will be lots of labels!

When was the last time you moved?  Do you have a spring cleaning at your house every year?  How do you minimize clutter?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...