Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Where to Run?

When we first moved to Colorado in May, I was really excited about being able to run outdoors.  Our home in California was in a very hilly area (think San Francisco hilly, with grades up to 25-30%!) so it was difficult to find good stretches to run without encountering major hills.  In my pre-baby days, tackling an occasional 25% grade hill for a short distance wouldn't have discouraged me, but I'm trying to make a comeback after a two-year hiatus.  It has not been easy!

For the last two months, I've been trying out a variety of ways to get back in shape.  Most of my workouts have been taking place early in the morning, and usually involve a 40-minute run, or, on the weekends, when there's more time, a 2 hour bike ride with my husband and son.

I've discovered that running in our new location has it's own challenges -- there's alot of traffic in the area we live in -- so lately I've been opting for the gym in our apartment complex.  After all, we'll only be living here for another month or so before we move into our new home, so I figure I should take advantage of they gym while we're here.  It's actually pretty nice inside:


It also has a really nice view:

I'm committed to getting in shape.  Since my son was born, several attempts have been made: when my son was 6 months old, I signed up for a mama & baby boot camp; when my son turned 1, my husband and I joined a gym, and I actually got within 5 pounds of my pre-baby self!; then we found out we were moving to Colorado and I gained alot of weight.  I think it was the stress around selling our old home, packing, and then, the challenges with my son when we arrived in Colorado.  Nobody was sleeping much, we were eating out alot because everyone was too exhausted to cook.  Now that we've been here for two months and everyone is getting eight hours again, we're cooking at home more and eating healthier.

I'll keep you updated on how my efforts are going to getting back in shape!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...