Thursday, July 18, 2013

Exploring the Blogosphere: Healthy Eating Blogs

One of the things I love about the blogosphere is that I can look up any topic I have a question about, and I will inevitably find a blog on that topic.  And through that blog, I can often find a community of people interested in discussing that topic, which is great.

When I first started my blog, I was looking for a community of women like me: new moms with an interest in fitness.  I still visit those blogs regularly, but since then, I've branched out.  I've found a blog community around fashion, another community around crafting, and my latest discovery fully supports my current goal: healthier eating.

After two frustrating months of trying to lose weight strictly by exercising, I've accepted that all my efforts just aren't going to cut it unless I fix my eating habits.  In an effort to find new cooking ideas and motivation, I've started to explore the world of healthy eating blogs.

Here are some of my favorites so far:

Green Kitchen Stories
I won't lie: I love the beautiful food photos.

No Thanks to Cake
I love the writing.  Kelly's weight loss story is also inspirational.

Say Yes to Salad
Maggie has some recipes that are fairly uncommon -- which I am open to trying out.

Happy Herbivore
A friend recommended this site.  He's not vegan, but he does try to go meatless as often as possible for health reasons.

Jen's Gone Paleo
I'm intrigued by the Paleo diet.  I'm hoping that Jen's ideas and recipes will educate me on this alternative eating plan.

2 comments:

  1. I'll have to check out that Paleo blog. I've only recently started eliminating grains and some dairy from my diet, which isn't strict Paleo, but I am amazed at how different I feel. My belly used to feel so bloated before bed and I've noticed now that I don't eat pasta or bread and the like for dinner, my belly isn't sticking way out. And after three weeks of eating this way, I went out with a girlfriend and ate bread and a burger with bun and, although I didn't overeat, my belly was HUGE and I felt a bit sick.

    I can't imagine eliminating all the Paleo no-no's from my life but I think I'll stick to a diet low in grains! I definitely prefer the look (and feel!) of my stomach without them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Briana, I agree that I don't think I could go full-on Paleo. But I hope to start moving in that direction (like my effort to try to eat less meat, I don't plan on eliminating meat altogether, but if I can continually reduce the amount of meat I'm eating, that's a win!) Paleo? Vegan? I think I'm still trying to figure out what "healthier" eating is.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...