Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Simple Summer Salads: Only Veggies!

Tomato & Cucumber Salad
As my quest to load up on fruits & veggies continues, I have been searching the internet for tasty and flavorful recipes.  I've learned that there is no need to keep any cookbooks around anymore!  I found a bunch of recipes, all variations on my favorite flavors.  I'm going to work through this list and see which ones turn out the best.  I'll report back any winners...

Easy Tomato Cucumber Salad
Tomato, cucumber, red onion, and basil.  What's not to like?

Cucumber, Tomato, and Feta Salad
This Epicurious version gets a little fancier with scallions (instead of red onion), olives, mint, and lemon juice.

Creamy Avocado, Tomato, Cucumber Salad
Blogger "No Thanks to Cake" has a creamy version that I recently made... and will be making often!

Asparagus, Tomato, and Feta Salad
I love feta cheese!  And I love asparagus!  This one is definitely going to be on the menu this week.

Are you seeing a trend here?  Tomatoes... cucumbers... avocados...  Mmm.  I can't wait to try them all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...