Monday, January 20, 2014

2014 Baseline



So it's a new year, it's a new me.  Or so the thought goes.  Let's start the new year with a baseline (that's the project manager in me talking).  After all, the year is new, but changes will come, so why not try to capture a snapshot of where I am at the start of the year?

I've Got a Toddler
My son just turned two and a half.  I have to say, that first year of parenthood?  I hated it.  Hated it.  Don't get me wrong, my son was the cutest thing, but I have to say, deciding to become a parent in your late 30s can be tough, as I had to adjust to having all my free time taken away from me.  That first year I kept reminiscing about my running group, running 4-5 times a week, being healthy, and having the free time I cherished to do all my favorite hobbies.  More about the hobbies in a future post.

I'm Turning 40 this Year
Yeah.  I know.  More about this in the future, don't worry.  Future material for this blog.

I'm Newly Unemployed
After my son was born in 2011, I took nine entire months off to spend time with my son and I am so glad I did that.  But after he was able to sit and crawl on his own, I knew it was time to reconnect with the working world.  Fortunately, I was able to get a job with my old company, but worked from home.  I returned as a contractor, and they have a rule that contractors can only work 18 months at a time so at the end of October 2013, I was out.  So I've been unemployed for about 3 months now, and it's time to start looking for work.


Current Projects for 2014
So what does one do while looking for work?  Well, we moved into a new house in September 2013, and we've been slowly working on updating this house, room by room.  So I've got some projects around that.  And I've got lots of hobbies, including this blog, so I'm working those in too.  Here is a list of everything keeping me busy right now:

  • Renovate guest bathroom
  • SuperSmartMama blog
  • Cooking and baking and then posting to ColoradoFoodieLab, my food blog
  • French lessons (I listen to Coffee Break French on Radio Lingua Network during my daily walks)
  • Getting in shape
  • Scrapbooking
  • Look for a job (of course)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...