Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Treat Yourself Tuesday #1


This is my first time linking up with Becky at her weekly Treat Yourself Tuesday.  As a mama of one, I love the idea of remembering to take some time out each week to treat myself, so I'm ready to join this link party!  My treat this week...
was to go find some culture!


I love museums of all kinds, but especially fine art museums.  I've been living in Colorado for almost ten months and I am embarrassed to admit I hadn't been to the Denver Art Museum until... last week.  Part of the reason is that it's really hard to take a toddler to an art museum and the other reason is that it's just been a really busy ten months, relocating, finding a new house, and settling in.

So last week, I decided I was going to go the Denver Art Museum all by myself (midweek!) to see the "Passport to Paris" exhibit, which featured artwork by French artists from the 17th, 18th, and 19th centuries.

I arrived early enough to have a little time to walk around the museum and get a feel for the layout, then I enjoyed a salad and cafe au lait in the museum's restaurant before heading off to see the "Passport to Paris" exhibit.  Although I've been to Paris and visited the Louvre (that took two days), Musee D'Orsay, and Rodin Museum, I saw several works of art that I'm pretty sure I hadn't seen before.
The exhibit tied art and history together so I was in heaven.  Although it barely got about 0F that day, it was a perfect way to spend some time by myself and recharge.

Are you an art lover?  What are the local museum(s) in your area?  Would you recommend a visit?

4 comments:

  1. What a brilliant way to treat yourself! There are lots of local art studios in my area that I've always wanted to visit but never have. This has ignited the spark in me to get there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Art studios are fun too! We've collected art from local artists as we've moved over the last decade or so, and so alot of our art has a story behind it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently moved to Chicago and there are TONS of art museums that are on my list. My husband has been to the Louvre and raves about it while insisting that he take me in the near future. I won't protest that trip ;) Thank you for linking up, Marnie! Can't wait to learn more about you here on your cute blog <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becky! I love Chicago...I've only been twice, but it's such a GREAT city. The Chicago Art Institute was the best for impressionism, until, of course, I went to Paris. Yes -- make sure your husband takes you to France... from what you've posted on your blog, you would fit right in!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...