Sunday, February 16, 2014

Workout Recap + Meal Planning Week of 2/16


Happy Sunday everyone!  This is my second week linking up with Laura at her weekly workout recap / meal planning link party.  This week has been a most interesting week:

My son has been sick since Tuesday.   I was home with him for four days straight and my husband was on a business trip pretty much the whole time, so by Friday
(Valentine's Day!) I was so ready for a break.  My husband gave me some alone time Saturday morning, which I spent window shopping at the mall.  A big lift to my spirits.

I'm debating becoming a Paleo eater.  It started with reading another friend's adventures in her first ever attempt at Whole30, where you abstain from sugar, grains, dairy, and legumes for 30 days.  At the end of the 30 days, you can slowly add some of these items back in, with the idea of seeing if any of these items cause bad reactions to your body.  I read the related book It Starts with Food, which then led me to read a couple of other books including Why We Get Fat and a bunch of paleo books.  I don't want to do the Whole30 right now because we are trying to get pregnant, but I think I can do a modified paleo diet where I allow a limited number of carbs (30-40 g of brown rice every other day).  This was my first week giving it a try and it wasn't too bad.  I do have to work on limiting the sugar, however.

So, I'll probably be writing more about my adventures into Paleo land.  If you have any thoughts on the Whole30 or paleo eating, I'd love to connect with you and get your thoughts, especially if you have knowledge or know of anyone who got pregnant / was pregnant while eating Paleo.

Workouts for the Past Week
Sunday: spin bike: 30 minutes of Spinervals Lean & Mean
Monday: walked 5.5 miles + Jillian's 30 Day Shred
Tuesday: walked 7 miles
Wednesday: walked 4 miles
Thursday: walked 4 miles (with son in stroller)
Friday: exhausted.  Did not fit a workout in.
Saturday: walked 4 miles + Jillian's 30 Day Shred

Meal Plan for the Upcoming Week
My husband is a type 1 diabetic so he is actually really excited about my attempts to try and shift to a Paleo diet.  However, I know my son & husband still would like to have pasta now and again, as well as pancakes & waffles for breakfast, so some days, we will have a little of each!

Sunday: Drunken Stir-Fried Beef with Green Beans

Monday: herbed lamb meatballs and roasted broccoli and cauliflower

Tuesday: make-your-own-bowl: roasted veggies, greens, hard boiled eggs, nuts, steak (optional: brown rice)

Wednesday: leftovers

Thursday: meat sauce with zucchini "spaghetti"

Friday: dinner out

Saturday: day #1 of our upcoming trip to Orlando (Walt Disney World).  I can't wait!  It will be my son's first time to see Disney and I'll get lots of quality time with my mom, my sister, and my sister's boyfriend and his mom...

What about you?  Do you have any exciting meals planned for this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...