Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Treat Yourself Tuesday #2


Having just returned from vacation, I have some great moments to share this week with all of you and at Becky's weekly link up, Treat Yourself Tuesday.



The week before our trip, I treated myself to a pedicure, a facial, and a shopping trip to get some new clothes for warmer weather.  In February, I spent two weeks cleaning up my eating.  I decided to go Paleo (no grains, no sugar, no dairy, no legumes).  I was on the diet for only two weeks, but I lost the most stubborn pounds, those last ones that are the hardest to shed.  I lost three pounds, which meant I had to go buy some new shorts!  I hit my favorite store, J.Crew, and got the outfit below along with a few other items.

After two weeks of no sugar, no alcohol, no treats, I was ready for a few liquid calories.  Through the week, I enjoyed a biscotti martini (first one I've ever had), a mojito, and a decadent cup of hot chocolate (complete with a mountain of whipped cream).

And no trip would be complete without some fabulous food.  I broke my no-bread/pasta/rice diet with wine & cheese (and bread!) at a lovely French restaurant.  We also discovered that Orlando is home to a burgeoning Brazilian community and we had some amazingly authentic food that I haven't had since we vacationed in Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro a few years ago.  I also squeezed in a few desserts, like this chocolate duo below.

To wrap up our vacation on the right note, we spent the last day just lounging at our hotel.  I started my day with a workout and then we hung out by the pool for much of the day, until my little boy was so exhausted he needed to go down for his nap.  It was a GREAT holiday.

Do you have a trip planned for the near future?  If not, where would you like to travel to right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...