Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Treat Yourself Tuesday #3


I have no idea where the time has gone...it is already time for Treat Yourself Tuesday with Becky at Olives 'n Wine!  

Last week's TYT theme was treating yourself on a budget.  Technically, I'm currently on a budget at all times, since we're now down to one income.  We're not in super tough times, but I have managed to cut out a few of the conveniences I used to not think twice about when we had two incomes: pedicures, online shopping (I window shop now... to dangerous to even launch any of my stores favorite websites), eating dinner out 3-4 times a week.

But, I do manage to fit in a splurge here and there.  And this past Saturday was a day of treats for me...

Sweet treat!  I've been working on getting to being Paleo 90% of the time.  I'm just starting week 4 and I've decided I'm not interested in going 100% paleo (no dairy, no sugar, no grains, no legumes), but I am trying to be as Paleo compliant as I can as often as possible.  Obviously this little treat breaks two of the four no-nos of the paleo diet.  But I haven't had a hot chocolate since... my trip to Orlando a week and a half ago...

Haircut!  I've only been in Denver for ten months, but I'm happy to say I've found a stylist that I love.  It's so hard to find someone who does your hair justice...

A little retail therapy.  After my haircut wrapped up, I had a little free time before meeting my husband and son for lunch, so I decided to do a little window shopping at the nearby mall.  I did pick a little something...some delicious smelling soaps!

Date afternoon with the husband.  We haven't called the babysitter since New Year's Eve!   Rather than do our regular combo of dinner and drinks (and sometimes some live music somewhere), I thought it would be fun to change it up and go out for an afternoon movie.  After watching the Oscars last week, I knew we had to go see American Hustle.  We have a movie theatre nearby that has a little bar where you can get a glass of wine or a cocktail and small appetizers before or during your movie...




What would be a perfect Saturday for you?  Is it warming up in your part of the country?  Any (hopeful) signs of spring?

5 comments:

  1. Your haircut looks FANTASTIC!!! I am so glad to say it's warming up in my neck of the woods today. Hoping it stays that way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie! I've been growing it out since a very short cut last summer, so I'm happy to see my hair getting back to shoulder length.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your haircut - it's so flattering! And great minds think alike... Anthropologie <3 A perfect Saturday would involve waking up early and sipping on coffee while reading, fitting in a great workout, a late lunch out with my husband and then staying in to enjoy wine and a homemade dinner :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the sound of your perfect Saturday. Great minds do think alike!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...