Wednesday, March 5, 2014

What I Ate Wednesday #2


I had so much fun at my first What I Ate Wednesday link up party with Jenn at Peas and Crayons, that I am back for another one!  I was away last week on vacation, but now that we're back home in Denver, it's time to get back to clean eating.  OK, mostly clean eating.  Here's a snapshot of everything I ate on Tuesday.

Breakfast: I'm all about eggs in the morning these days as I'm trying to eat paleo as often as possible.  This morning's omelette had red bell peppers, green onion, and a little garlic.

Lunch: every once in a while, my husband finds time to break away from work and meet me for lunch.  We had a not-so-paleo lunch at our favorite Vietnamese restaurant.   For appetizers, we had some deep fried spring rolls (so divine it was hard not eat more than one!).  For my main course, I had the Vietnamese salad with pork: lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, and the dressing on the side, which I barely needed, the pork was so flavorful.

Dinner: I've been wanting to try out this recipe for paleo Mexican chicken soup and I finally got around to making it for dinner last night.  Secret ingredient: cauliflower!  It gets blended into the soup and it's a great thickener adding body.  We're adding this dish to the dinner rotation!!

Snacks: today was not a big snacking day for me, but I did treat myself to a 2% no whip hot chocolate from Starbucks mid-morning and some sliced apples with almond butter in the afternoon.  Sorry, I forgot to take photos of these treats.

What are you eating these days?  Any new discoveries?  Any foods you wish you could stop loving?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...