Wednesday, March 12, 2014

WIAW #3 (and a walk!)


It's no secret how much I love food!  So of course I'm going to participate in my third What I Ate Wednesday with Jenn at Peas and Crayons.  Just as I did with last week's WIAW, I'm going to share what I ate on Tuesday.

I did a lot of cooking on Sunday and Monday, so several of the meals I ate on Tuesday were leftovers, but they were still so, so good a few days later.

Breakfast: I've been experimenting with different scramble and omelette combos, and one of my favorites is red bell pepper, spinach, mushroom, and shallots.

Mid-morning treat: after dropping my son off at daycare, I picked up a latte from Starbucks.

Morning walk: on Monday, it was 75F degrees yesterday in Denver, and I was able to go for my walk wearing shorts and a tank top.  Not so on Tuesday!  Weather forecast said it would start snowing somewhere between 11am and 2pm, so I suited up in case it started snowing during my walk and I'm so glad I did... I got to walk in the snow for the last two miles...

Lunchtime!  I sauteed a chicken cutlet and some baby spinach.  I ate that with some leftover chicken coconut lemongrass soup that I made on Sunday (intro photo).

Afternoon snack: I've gotten pretty good about no sugar in my diet (except maybe an occasional spoonful in my morning coffee).  My go-to "sweet" these days is apple slices with almond butter.  Unfortunately, I forgot to take a photo.

Dinner: another meal of leftovers.  I ate some more of the chicken from lunch with leftover roasted butternut squash salad with pepitas from Monday.

I don't normally eat leftovers, so today was a surprising day for me.  Do you eat leftovers much?

14 comments:

  1. I couldn't survive without leftovers!! I always try to plan my dinners so I make enough to have leftovers for lunch the next day!!

    This all looks fab!! Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen, you are a better eater than me. I'm still working to find good dishes that taste good next day after. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. I tend to cook more than i'll eat that day so i have leftovers for the next. Makes life easier! Less cooking and washing up ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point! I have to remind myself leftovers = less cooking & washing. Love it!

      Delete
  3. We eat leftovers all the time! I really need a few days a week off from cooking dinner just because I never know how things will go with the Toddler running around. Sometimes, my husband takes them to work, I freeze them, or we eat them the next day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so good! Ah, all these great, economical households! I have to get with the program!

      Delete
  4. You eat such heart-healthy meals. When it comes to leftovers, I usually have no problem eating them - however there are some foods I just can't do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment Jessie - I am trying to eat healthier meals; it's a new leaf I've turned in just the last month or so. There will be a post coming up about that soon! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. YES to leftovers! We're trying to be better about not wasting food, so I'm making a concerted effort to eat our leftovers, either for lunch the next day or for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie, that is probably my only "beef" with leftovers...my husband isn't really into them. So it's up to me to eat them for lunch, although sometimes I try to reinvent them for another dinner.

      Delete
  6. I love leftovers. I actually find that most things taste better the next day, especially soups, stews and dishes that contain some sort of sauce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lindsay, you do have a point there. I always like to make short ribs and pot roast a day before I have company because the flavors are so much better the second day around.

      Delete
  7. It's fun to get a peak into what different people eat. I don't mind leftovers at all unless we have them for more than 2 other meals. Then it is too much of the same old thing. We had just about the same weather here in Kansas on Monday (super warm) and Tuesday cooled down a lot but we didn't get snow. I really hope we're done with snow for the year. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angie, I'm with you on the number of times I am willing repeat a meal. I've been known to halve a recipe (so many recipes serve 6-8 people these days!) because I don't want to eat something more than twice. Freezing leftovers always seems like a good idea, in concept, but I can't tell you how many times we've tried to reheat something after it was frozen and it just doesn't taste the same. Fresh is always best!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...