Sunday, March 30, 2014

Workout Recap and Meal Planning - Week of March 30


Whoa, the end of March is here!  How did that happen?  Spring has finally sprung here in Colorado, and we had some beautiful weather on Saturday to prove it.  I don't remember the last time I actually felt hot sitting outside.  We spent Saturday afternoon at a nearby playground and it felt luxurious sitting out in the warm sun.  I hope your Saturday was just as relaxing!


My quest to get back into running continues to move forward.  I've picked up my running to walking ratio this week...
3/16-3/22: ran 5 miles, walked 12
3/23-3/29: ran 9 miles, walked 5

I didn't cover as many miles this week, but I ran more miles this week, which I am super psyched about.  Maybe, just maybe, I will get to that 5K race before Memorial Day weekend.

Workouts for the Past Week
Sunday: road bike, 12 miles
Monday: unplanned rest day
Tuesday: ran 3 miles, walked 1
Wednesday: intervals on the spin bike, 45 minutes
Thursday: ran 3 miles, walked 3
Friday: ran 3 miles, walked 1
Saturday: tabata workout on spin bike with Mindy Mylrea

Meal Plan for the Upcoming Week
You know, I can't seem to keep to the meal plans that I post.  Meals get moved around.  Some meals don't happen.  So I'm going to try a different approach...I'm going to just post my ideas for what I plan to eat at some point during the week.  As I move onto my seventh consecutive week of the Paleo lifestyle/diet, I am continuing to aim for as many paleo meals as possible, so here you go, here's my "plan" for the week:

Breakfast
Omelette/scramble with some combination of the following (my faves): shallots, mushrooms, red bell pepper, broccoli, baby spinach, and bacon/ham
Sweet potato hash with two eggs over easy
Green monster smoothie (made with almond milk)

Lunch & Dinner
Mixed greens with roasted salmon, side of avocado
Chicken tacos served on butter lettuce with red bell pepper & onion, guacamole, and salsa
Turkey meat sauce with zucchini noodles (our standby!)
Baked fish (halibut?) with tapenade
Salad with rotisserie chicken and veggies

Sides/Accompaniments
Roasted broccoli & cauliflower
Sauteed brussel sprouts & carrots
Green beans with walnuts
Guacamole (I almost always have a batch in the fridge)
Salsa

Snacks
Apples with almond butter
Sweet potato fries
Raw almonds

And here are some of the things my family (really, mostly me) ate in the past week:
 Egg frittata with shallots, red bell pepper, cheese (not Paleo) and sliced avocado

Deconstructed "bowl" of seared tuna with brown rice,roasted beets,cucumber, carrot, and pickled red onion

Rib eye with roasted broccoli & cauliflower (not shown: sweet potato fries)

Broiled salmon with salad of butter lettuce, avocado, and chives.

2 comments:

  1. I like the way you listed ideas, rather than a structured meal plan... ours is often mixed around and flexible, too. Yay for spring coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura...after the last 3-4 weeks of meal planning, I realized that a day-by-day plan doesn't fit the way my family eats. And yes, yay, for spring!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...