Monday, April 21, 2014

Paleo Love


How much do I love the Paleo way of eating?  Let me count the ways...

1. I've learned to love eating vegetables.  Finally.

2. I no longer get hungry between breakfast and dinner.

3. I still get hungry around 4pm every day.  I'm working on that.

4. Raw almonds and almond butter.  'Nuff said.


5. Figuring out what to eat when we dine out is a challenge.  But I've learned to work with the challenge.

6. Figuring out what to cook at home is easy these days.  When you have to cut out processed foods, grains, legumes, dairy, and sugar, it keeps meal planning focused.

7. In experimenting with re-introducing some foods, I allow myself to eat some grains and some dairy.  Sugar is another story.

8. I have the confidence now that I can become a healthy eater.  I've been eating Paleo for ten weeks, and every week I get a little stronger in letting go of unhealthy choices and embracing the healthy ones.

As I mentioned in yesterday's meal planning post, I'm getting ready to do a spring challenge reset -- a nutritional reset of sorts.  In doing this, I'll be eating non-Paleo foods and I'm excited to see what happens.  I don't know if I'll go back to the same way of Paleo eating or if I'll modify what I think of the Paleo lifestyle, so I thought take a moment to take a snapshot of my thoughts on how I am eating right now.  I'm grateful for everything I've learned so far with my Paleo lifestyle.  Let's see what my thoughts are in three weeks, after the nutritional reset is over.

Have you ever tried a certain diet or way of eating (vegetarian, pescatarian, vegan, Paleo) only to change your mind after some period of time?

8 comments:

  1. I tried to go vegan when I was younger, because dairy really messes with me, but I missed cheese. I can't do milk and yogurt much but cheese doesn't seem to kill my tummy as much. Finding a protein option with the raw protein really helped me i wish i would have have tried this when I was a lot younger! I am always hungry too about 4 :) sometimes I just go ahead and eat early lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband is the same way... milk and yogurt are not kind to him. Hard cheese are better than soft cheeses, if I remember correctly. Nothing wrong with eating early!

      Delete
  2. Number four is pretty awesome! I also really agree with number six - while I do have to get creative at times, eliminating a lot of options does make it possible to really narrow down our choices. I thought that it would be pretty tough to figure out new recipes, but it's been much easier than expected. I do wish eating out was a little easier though.

    I'm really interested in what you think this challenge! I hope you keep us updated, and that you enjoy it :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yuliya, I will definitely keep you (and everyone else) updated on this spring reset challenge. I've now finished day two and I've managed to stick to the rules...

      Delete
  3. So glad you shared number 8. Too often we limit ourselves by what we think we CAN'T do. But we are so much stronger than we realize.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie, after so many attempts to "clean up" my eating, I was certain that my tastebuds would not allow me to eat veggies and other healthy foods. I'm so thankful for all the great resources out there (aka recipes) that have made it easier for this self-proclaimed foodie to find tasty yet healthy eats.

      Delete
  4. I love how you documented how you feel on Paleo & what you love about it & what you've gotten from it. It's pretty much been a life-changer for me, I just LOVE it.
    I did have a year stint where I was vegetarian, but eventually found that it just didn't work for me & I was healthier when I added in some high quality meats. We're all different though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you're loving the Paleo way of eating. I get to add meat back into my diet next Monday, so we'll see how my body reacts when that happens.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...