Monday, April 21, 2014
How much do I love the Paleo way of eating? Let me count the ways...
1. I've learned to love eating vegetables. Finally.
2. I no longer get hungry between breakfast and dinner.
3. I still get hungry around 4pm every day. I'm working on that.
4. Raw almonds and almond butter. 'Nuff said.
5. Figuring out what to eat when we dine out is a challenge. But I've learned to work with the challenge.
6. Figuring out what to cook at home is easy these days. When you have to cut out processed foods, grains, legumes, dairy, and sugar, it keeps meal planning focused.
7. In experimenting with re-introducing some foods, I allow myself to eat some grains and some dairy. Sugar is another story.
8. I have the confidence now that I can become a healthy eater. I've been eating Paleo for ten weeks, and every week I get a little stronger in letting go of unhealthy choices and embracing the healthy ones.
As I mentioned in yesterday's meal planning post, I'm getting ready to do a spring challenge reset -- a nutritional reset of sorts. In doing this, I'll be eating non-Paleo foods and I'm excited to see what happens. I don't know if I'll go back to the same way of Paleo eating or if I'll modify what I think of the Paleo lifestyle, so I thought take a moment to take a snapshot of my thoughts on how I am eating right now. I'm grateful for everything I've learned so far with my Paleo lifestyle. Let's see what my thoughts are in three weeks, after the nutritional reset is over.
Have you ever tried a certain diet or way of eating (vegetarian, pescatarian, vegan, Paleo) only to change your mind after some period of time?