Monday, April 28, 2014

Saturday Morning: Embarcadero!


Saturday morning.  8am.  Sunny weather?  Check.  Beautiful scenery?  Check.  Good eats?  You bet!

One of my favorite places to go when I am in San Francisco is the Ferry Building.  Extra bonus if its a Saturday, Tuesday, or Thursday, because those are the days there is a farmer's market.  When I woke up Saturday morning and looked out the hotel window and saw that the rain from the previous Friday had melted away to a beautiful gorgeous sunny Saturday, I grabbed my camera, some money, and threw on my walking gear and off I went!
I cruised around the produce stalls to see what was in season and then stopped by Namu for some awesome Korean tacos.  I know it sounds a bit unusual for breakfast, but after a week of not eating meat (I'm doing a 21 day nutritional reset), it was really good to eat some animal protein...

Breakfast out of the way, I walked along the Embarcadero from the Ferry Building to Ghirardelli Square (about two miles each way).  It's a great stretch of San Francisco where you can see the tourists and the locals mingle.  There were walkers, runners, and cyclists.  I probably heard at least seven different languages during my walk.  And the city was just beautiful.  These pictures barely do the city justice.

I hope you have a fabulous week.  I'll be featuring my San Francisco eats in this Wednesday's WIAW!

Have you ever been to San Francisco?  What is your favorite city to visit?

8 comments:

  1. I'm going to San Francisco for the first time this summer! I'm for sure going to check out Ghirardelli Square! What else should I do?! I need advice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It depends on what your idea is of a good time... do you want to do something active? If the weather's nice, rent a bike and bike across the Golden Gate Bridge! Are you a foodie? There are TONS of great restaurants in San Francisco, including two I am going to blog happily about on Wednesday! Do you like art? Lots of great museums in San Francisco. And if you have been to Central Park in NYC, San Francisco's Golden Gate Park is amazing. You could spend a whole day there...

      Delete
  2. Looks awesome! I have never been to California, but Hubby and I really want to go sometime! Hope you had a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yuliya, we had an amazing weekend... and the best part is my son and I will be back there in another week or so!

      Delete
  3. I've never been to San Francisco, although my husband has, and he's told me the wharf would be my favorite place of the whole city. I love going to farmers markets so it makes sense. Glad you had a great weekend, and maybe I'll see you for the Week in Review next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Meghan, I'm hoping to make Week in Review in an upcoming Monday!!

      Delete
  4. I have never been to California. I love all the pictures :) I actually love the small towns in Montana when I go visit my mom, I guess I am not a city girl at heart even though I grew up in Baltimore (that's probably why lol) I do love traveling to check out new places though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that we live in Denver, I wouldn't be surprised if we road tripped to Montana someday!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...