Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Treat Yourself Tuesday #5


I'm linking up with Becky at Olives n Wine for another Treat Yourself Tuesday!  If you're not familiar with what Treat Yourself Tuesday is all about, you can read about it here.  As I mentioned yesterday, last week was such a fabulous week, and I didn't even get to share all the ways I peppered treats on top of all the fun activities and events that took place last week.


New Running Gear!  To celebrate three weeks of working on increasing my running mileage, I went out and bought a new running top.  The "run" logo on this shirt is styled after the Colorado flag.  May marks our one year anniversary -- that's when we moved from California to Colorado!!  Hard to believe it's going to have been a whole year (and I survived my first winter!)


Paleo Recipes!  Now that I've been eating Paleo for almost two months, I am continuing to build my collection of Paleo cookbooks, and I recently added Danielle Walker's Against All Grain.  It's such a pretty cookbook with beautiful photos.  The two meals we've made so far have been delicious!


Some Reading Time.  This is my favorite place to sit and read.  Lately I've had some opportunities for quiet time, so I've been trying to read books -- the old fashioned way -- instead of listening to my audio books while running/walking.


Wine and Cheese.  I've been trying to follow my Paleo diet 90/10 of the time, and I've done my best to "cheat" no more than one meal a week.  So this past week I let myself enjoy cheese and crackers (twice!) and was very happy to eat cheese again.  The crackers were OK, but not nearly as exciting as having cheese again (oh, how I missed my manchego and brie).

Have you given up anything lately?  Are there any foods you try to cut back on every once in a while or save for really special occasions or treats?


2 comments:

  1. I don't think I could give up cheese, but processed foods...I should eat less of those! I am the worst at trying to follow a diet plan. As soon as I say that I am not going to eat something, it is all I want/crave. I know it is mental, but I have no willpower!! I just try to eat more whole foods and cut back on alcohol (sometimes anyway!). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean Leslie, I've tried being vegetarian, I've tried eating more veggies & fruits. I don't know what was different this time and why I was able to do the Paleo diet. I'm actually amazed I lasted almost two months before I broke down and needed to eat some of the foods not allowed per the Paleo lifestyle.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...