Friday, May 16, 2014

Chicago


After writing about my first race in four years this past Wednesday, I had to go look for photos from that last race, the Chicago Rock 'n Roll Half Marathon back in 2010.  After a little searching, I realized, I don't have any actual race photos.  By that point, I had run seven half marathons in the previous two years and I probably opted out from buying any official race photos.  They're not cheap, and how many race photos does one need anyway?

Instead, I found photos from all the fun touristy things we did in Chicago before and after the race.  Looking through them made me think about the way we were before we had our son.  I am very happy as a mother, but I'm so glad that my husband and I had so many great adventures together before we became parents.


So, for your weekend, I leave you with a few wonderful photos from our trip to Chicago back in August 2010.

Do you reminisce often about past vacations and trips?  What do you usually remember?  The food?  The activities?  The sights?


Millenium Park
Architecture Tours by Boat
Views of the city from the Water
Tours by Bus.  We did it all!
Grinning atop the tour bus.  This is post race!





7 comments:

  1. Ooh, your trip looks so nice. Some of my family lives in Michigan so we've been to visit Chicago several times, the last one for me was in August 2009 to arrange a visa. Not as much fun as your trip.

    I agree with you - I'm very glad to be a mom, but I am also very happy that I got to do so much before that happened. My husband and I were pretty young when we first started dating (19 & 20), but I still got to live in a bunch of countries, work a bit, and travel a lot so I am quite pleased that we got to do that. One of my relatives just had a baby at 19 (with her hubby) - even though I could have handled those choices, I think I would have always wondered what else there was out there, if that makes sense. I sometimes still feel like my husband and I are a bit young to have such a 'settled down' and type of life in comparison to other friends of mine that are our age. Then again, according to a facebook quiz, our real ages are 45 and 38 or something (instead of 25 and 26), so maybe we're just boring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's amusing, comparing your "real" ages to you "physical" ages. Old souls. Sounds like the two of you are perfect for each other!

      Delete
    2. Haha, yea, we're just homebodies to some extent, and the quiz wasn't too well formulated. Nonetheless, we found it quite funny :)

      Delete
  2. I LOVE Chicago, such a gorgeous & fun city!! Seeing your pics is making me want to go there again - hopefully we'll drive down this summer since it's only 3-4 hours from us. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! When I go on trips I tend to remember a lot of the sights.... & food. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chicago is a gorgeous & fun city. If we didn't already have such a busy travel schedule this year, I'd probably do my best to try and make a trip out there this summer. Maybe next year...

      Delete
  3. I love Chicago! I grew up in the Midwest. My hubs and I always say if we move back there, it'll be to Chicago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea you grew up in the Midwest. I always identify you with the Northeast, thanks to all your awesome photos.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...