Wednesday, May 7, 2014

WIAW #10: Travel Food & More

Now that we're safely settled in California after a tumultuous weekend of travel, I can share an (abbreviated) What I Ate Wednesday (WIAW).  Maybe I should call it WIAWT (What I Ate While Travelling) instead of WIAW this week.  I've decided not to share all the eats from Friday through Monday, just a few meals.  This weekend marked the end of week 2 of my 3 week nutritional reset, and I have to say I made the conscientious choice to relax the rules over this weekend.  There was a wedding to attend.  And there were two flights at very odd hours.  If you're wondering, I'm not feeling whatsoever guilty about my decision to break the rules of my reset, but more about that in tomorrow's post.

Whatever the case, I am linking up with Jenn at Peas and Crayons for her weekly food extravanganza What I Ate Wednesday linkup.  If you haven't been there and are a food voyeur (as many of us at the linkup are), I encourage you to check it out!


 Saturday / breakfast / Kennebunkport, ME.  Our bed & breakfast, Maine Stay Inn & Cottages served a lovely breakfast both Saturday and Sunday while we were there.  I had the eggs and the kielbasa and even indulged in the gluten-free fruit crisp (for those of you who know about my nutritional reset, note that is where the rules of the reset started to crumble).  The crumble was worth every bite.  The muffin went to my toddler.


Sunday / lunch / Kennebunkport, ME.  Apparently you can't be in Maine without having lobster.  The last time I had lobster was 1998?  I decided I would give it another try.  I think my taste buds have finally matured.  I loved the lobster.  Next time I go back, I'm breaking my Paleo diet and having a lobster roll.  I bet it will rock!


Sunday / afternoon snack / somewhere between Maine and Illinois.  En route to Chicago, I had a serious case of the munchies.  I purchased this snack box on United Airlines and was super happy.  Again, broke the rules of both my nutritional reset diet and Paleo lifestyle, munching happily on crackers slathered with a peppercorn parmesan cheese and roasted red pepper tapenade.  Then I devoured the almonds, olives, and chocolate covered pomegranate seeds.


Monday / dinner / Sacramento, CA.  So happy to be in California on Cinco de Mayo.  I don't know about other states, but California loves to celebrate Cinco de Mayo.  I had the carnitas plate (doesn't look like much in the plate but it was delish!).  Served with black beans, spanish rice, pico de gallo, and guacamole, I had more than enough to take home (which I ate for breakfast the next morning!).

Did you celebrate Cinco de Mayo?  Are there any airlines left that serve decent food?

8 comments:

  1. I think it's good that you relaxed the rules a little bit, considering the circumstances. Sometimes life gets in the way of our plans, including our dietary ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, who is running the nutritional reset / spring reset challenge, has advised several times, not to regret any slip-ups, and I've been eating fairly healthy since February, so I gave myself the "permission" to relax the rules. After all, I'm doing the reset for myself, so the only person impacted by my choice was me!

      Delete
  2. Love your attitude about the reset! At least you didn't eat packaged Mac and Cheese!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Gotta go back to your blog to find out who DID eat the Mac & Cheese at your house!

      Delete
  3. You are getting lots of yummy variety! It's a challenge to do a plan while traveling-I think you are doing great. I flew first class to Vegas once and loved all the perks, other than I never had more than a cup of water on trip lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the support. I've never flown first class...another one to add to the bucket list!

      Delete
  4. Lots of delicous food!! You have a great attitude about slipping a little on the nutritional reset. No need to feel bad and dwell on it, just move on and pick up where you left off. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love all the support I am getting about slipping a little on the reset. Thanks!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...