Friday, June 13, 2014

Denver Nature and Science Museum

Meet Mr. Bones -- a walking dinosaur that was a hit with the kids!

One of our favorite places to go in Denver is the Denver Nature and Science Museum.  Recently, the museum renovated the "Discovery Zone" which is a designated area for kids ages 5 and younger (although kids older than five are allowed).

To celebrate the reopening of the Discovery Zone, the museum held a few members-only afternoons and evenings.  I jumped right on the chance and reserved spots for us earlier this week and I'm so glad I did.  It was a great evening where my son and I got spend some time doing something special and it was a good night for it -- my husband had a work event that kept him out  late that night.

We checked out all the new exhibits and surprisingly, my son's favorite was the mini-theater where a speaker led the kids through an interactive presentation.  We attended a bunch of them: Animal Tracks, Into Space, and Through the Seasons.

My favorite part was the fancy dinner buffet.  While my son munched on chicken nuggets and tater tots, I got to enjoy roasted chicken with steamed vegetables, mashed potatoes and gravy.  Dessert?  Creme brulee!

Water Zone was lots of fun but not novel enough my little guy.
Circle time at the interactive theater.  I love that my son sits still nowadays.
Not bad for dinner at a nature & science museum.



4 comments:

  1. omg, that's awesome :) What a fun way to spend some quality time with your little one. That is pretty fancy food you wouldn't expect, cool! I love how all little stations are set up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was a great event for parents and their little ones. I am going to write a letter to the museum to let them know how much fun we had. Hopefully there will be more events like this one in the future!!

      Delete
  2. ooooh! I wish we had places like this near us! This just looks like such a fun place to go with a kiddo!

    And you're definitely right, it looks like a nice meal, especially given that you ate it at the museum :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've noticed that museums in San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Charleston are serving better food in their restaurants. I hope that Denver's museums improve their food someday too!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...