Monday, June 9, 2014

Where I've Been

Dear blogosphere friends:

I've been gone for two and a half weeks.  I pretty much fell off the face of the earth with no warning and I've been dying to get back to blogging as I've missed sharing my days with all of you and hearing what's going on in your lives!

So where have I been?  In morning sickness hell.
Ultrasound from May 27, 2014.  Nine weeks pregnant.
On May 9th, some of you caught my sneaky admission (buried way at the bottom of a post) that I'd recently learned that I was pregnant.  My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant since last summer and we've miscarried at least once since then, so I didn't want to come out and share the news until we were close to the end of the first trimester.

Well, I didn't have to worry about spilling too early abut this good news because shortly after my last post (May 21) my morning sickness became so unbearable I had to swear off the computer, watching television, and reading books.

It's been a difficult 2-3 weeks to say the least.

I've been sleeping 9-10 hours a night and then napping 3-4 hours during the day.  I've spent alot of time laying in a dark room with audiobooks to keep me company.  I've been drinking gallons of ginger ale and eating more saltines than I care to admit.  I will be at the end of my first trimester by the end of this week.

This past weekend was the first weekend that I was able to get out of the house and spend a full day with my son and husband.  I hope this is a sign that I'll be able to return to blogging.  I have alot of catching up to do!

Thank you to those of you who contacted me to see where I've been during my disappearance!

16 comments:

  1. Congrats!! Hopefully the sickness won't last too long...

    ReplyDelete
  2. MARNIE! I am so happy to see you!

    I was concerned that something not-good had happened. So I'm happy to hear that you're in morning sickness hell ;) kidding/notkidding

    Missed you! Happy to see you back at it, and I hope that things ease up for you soon. Are you willing to try Zofran? That helped me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacey I am glad to be back -- I love all the friends I've made as a blogger. It is so rewarding!!

      I am going in for another appointment tomorrow and I think I will ask for something to help with the morning sickness. I passed up on the chance three weeks ago when I had my first appointment, and I don't think I'll pass up the chance again...

      Delete
  3. Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you! I really hope you're feeling better soon, though. I remember when I finally got through the morning sickness and felt like myself again...it was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie. When I had my first child, the nausea was over at the end of the first trimester, and I have hopes it will subside soon with this second pregnancy, but I know that every pregnancy is different. Fingers are crossed for a happy active second trimester.

      Delete
  4. Congrats!!! Hope you feel much better soon!! Hang in there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Again, congratulations! I'm so happy for you guys!!! However, I'm sorry you've been feeling ill and I really hope that your morning sickness stays away! I hate how it's called 'morning sickness though' as I had it in the morning, day, evening, and night :/ Anyhow, I'm glad you're feeling better ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, isn't it silly that it's called 'morning sickness'? Although knowing that hunger and fatigue are the main causes of my morning sickness, the solution (eating and sleeping) gets old after awhile. Who thought I'd complain of getting too much sleep?!

      Delete
    2. Haha, yea, I remember that feeling. I think it's much more frustrating if you have a child already, and can't be as active as you used to be. And, the weather is nice. I'd much rather hibernate (be pregnant) in the winter ;)

      Delete
    3. I could have sworn I already commented on this, but I see that I was wrong... I get where you are coming from with getting tired of sleeping/eating all day. I think it would be even harder if you already have a child that you want to spend time with. I'd also want to be outside, enjoying the nice weather. Really, I'd much rather hibernate (be pregnant/in the first trimester) in the winter - I tend to live in pjs then anyway.

      Delete
  6. Awwwwwww the baby, love the ultrasound! I am so sorry you have been feeling so rough, but hopefully you will get to feeling better very soon and be able to enjoy the experience :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, I am hoping so, too. You will all know if life is getting easier or not based on how often/regularly I get some posts up!

      Delete
  7. Yay you're back! I was worried about you :) Hope you are feeling better too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm back! I am on the road to normalness I think. Some days are good, some days are OK.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...