Friday, July 4, 2014

Fourth of July Week

Butterfly House at Durham Museum of Life and Science

Greetings from Chapel Hill, North Carolina!  

Chapel Hill, Durham, and Raleigh form "the triangle" - which is a hub for several high tech companies and are also home to Duke University, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and North Carolina State University.

My mother-in-law has lived here for over twenty years, and we come out at least once a year, if not twice a year.  This 4th of July week, we are joined by several other families who have arrived from Charleston (SC), Washington DC, and New York City (NY).  It's one big party!

We've been here since Sunday and this trip is no different from any other trip to North Carolina: food, food, and more food.  This is a food family!  And with my mother-in-law being Greek, we are enjoying lots of homemade Greek food at home, while enjoying wonderful food around Durham and Chapel Hill (which has an amazing food scene!)

I hope you're 4th of July weekend is fun, relaxing, and safe!

Getting ready to ride the train at Museum of Life and Science

Interior of Gugelhupf, a wonderful German bakery & restaurant

Classic chicken sandwich at Foster's, an establishment in Durham

French Silk Pie

Setting the dinner table for 12

Waiting for dinner to be served

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely table setting :) I hope you enjoy time with family and have safe travels! I'll take some pie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I know, the pie was good - especially if you are a chocoholic like me. There were lots more desserts I didn't publish: a lemon mousse, a coconut cake, a chocolate bundt cake, and berries with cream. I really had to make sure I executed portion control with surgical precision. And I did a pretty good job! My sweet tooth no longer is what it used to be!

      Delete
  2. Ooh! It looks like an awesome time! That French silk pie looks amazing!!! I really want some right now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like chocolate, it was a delicious sweet treat. My toddler ended up sharing it with me. If we were meeting for coffee in Chapel Hill, I'd make a date with you to gather at Fosters with our little ones and we would have a fabulous coffee date, i'm sure!

      Delete
    2. That sounds pretty fantastic! I'm sure it would be a great way to get my mind off of the whole house debacle.

      And yes, I love chocolate. Pretty much my favourite thing ever and something that I rarely buy due to my absolute lack of self control.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...