Friday, July 25, 2014

Friday Five: Summer Wish List Update


Happy Friday!  Today I'm trying something new and linking up with Courtney @ EatPrayRunDCMar @ MarOnTheRun, and Cynthia @ YouSignedUpForWhat and their Friday Five Linkup.  Every Friday they post a different theme and those participating, post five things having to do with that theme, whatever it may be.

This Friday Five's theme is goals which I can happily link into, as just last week, I realized summer is just about half over and I haven't done much this summer (thanks to a month of morning sickness during half of May and most of June).  Just last Friday, I shared my Summer Wish List and I already have updates on a few of those goals!
1. Make it to our community swimming pool.  We joined some friends for a playdate last Saturday!

2. Watch a movie outdoors.

3. Pack a picnic.

4. Go for a hike somewhere new.  Went for an easy hike with the hubby and son last Sunday!

5. One night of car camping.  (P.S.  I am not a camping person.)


I'm doing so great, I'm adding one more goal:

6. Go on a roadtrip.

Part of the reason I added #6 is mere inspiration: this weekend, I have a friend from New Jersey visiting.  She has been on a road trip with her three kids (all under the age of 10!), having travelled down the Eastern seaboard, down to Nashville, then over to Texas, and now up this way to Colorado.   They have been on the road since late June and will continue their trip until late August!  The last time we saw each other was early 2012, when my son was 6 months old... and now he's 3, so we have alot to catch up on....

Do you like roadtrips or prefer other forms of travel?  What's your favorite way to see the world?




Photos in this post, from top to bottom: How papa & son hike (when we hike); Barbed wire on a fence; A fixed telescope pointed at Longs Peak; One more photo of papa & son (thank goodness it was just an hour long hike!)

17 comments:

  1. Great photos! Looks like a fun hike. Good work on hitting some of your summer goals! I like road trips if I am not the one driving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great hike. We just went to Estes Park this weekend, and we hope to return for some good hiking. Ditto on the road trips where someone else is driving!

      Delete
  2. So first off- those photos are awesome! :) Second - three kids under ten + road trip??? Whoa, that's one brave family! Also, congratulations on doing so well with your goals! That's great! I'm also really happy to see you're back to blogging more often - I love reading your posts!

    I do like road trips and found that my son did well with one a few months back. Flying was also alright, but seems like a hassle now that my son is a bit older. So to answer your question - I think a road trip is better with small kiddos because we can stop when needed. At the same time, Europe isn't terribly huge so we can get to another country fairly easily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know -- my friend is a real trouper to be doing the road trip by herself with three kids... She's my heroine... She does the trips partly for herself and partly so that the kids will have great memories of their summers. Now that's a mom!

      Delete
    2. That's awesome! I hope to be as cool as her one day ;)

      Delete
  3. i love road trips! we're taking one down to atlanta next month and i can't wait. i like packing everything up in the car and blasting music w/the windows down :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Road trips with loud music and singing at the top of your lungs is also one of my favorite ways to travel. Have fun on your trip to Atlanta!!

      Delete
  4. I'm not a huge fan of road trips, but I don't mind if I can drive and we can take breaks. I like to see new places by running, biking or hiking, but that's a small distance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh someone who WANTS to drive during the road trip! Now that's a good person to have on a road trip. :-) I like the way you like to see new places... I am all for biking, hiking, or running too!!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful photos! I'm a fan of road trips on the shorter side, haha. I'm really impressed by your friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the photos! I am really trying to work on taking better pictures.

      Delete
  6. beautiful photos! love road tripping (well, travel in general!) thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting Mar! Great Friday link up!

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous photos! I love road trips and traveling! Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cynthia! It looks like we're all loving the road trip!

      Delete
  8. Typically I like road trips a lot but right now with a 17 month old that doesn't like being in the car it's not happening. We went on a short road trip to Tulsa this summer but overall we're sticking close to home. Our 12+ hour drive to Chicago for the marathon in October is going to be interesting!!

    Car camping with kids would be an adventure! My husband and I used to camp a lot before we had kids (I always needed a site with a shower!) but we haven't ventured out since the kids were born.

    I love your idea of an outdoor movie too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angie! So great to hear from you! I bet you have some great road trip ideas I could use, since Colorado and Kansas are so close to each other. Can't wait to hear about that drive to Chicago!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...