Thursday, July 31, 2014

Throwback Thursday

The "frites" portion of my steak frites at a French brasserie.
The Spreckels Temple of Music with San Francisco hills in background.
Taking a rest after a long day of trekking around San Francisco by foot.
Throwback Thursday: July 2010
Who: just me and my hubby.  This was just par for the course during our LBK era (life before kids).
Where: San Francisco.  Mostly Golden Gate Park, Cole Valley, the Mission, and Union Square.
What: visiting our old haunts during the summer (we were living in San Diego by then).
Why: because San Francisco is just the best city in the world!

Have you been anywhere magical in previous years during the month of July?

5 comments:

  1. San Francisco is on my list of places I absolutely MUST visit! Last July we visited Chestertown, MD for our anniversary. While I wouldn't call it magical, it was a lovely small town and we had a great time there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recommend San Francisco to anyone and everyone. If you want to go during "summer" weather, however, improve your chances by going in September or October. Surprisingly, those are the warmest months of the year!

      Delete
  2. Ooh! Looks like an awesome time! I spent a July in Georgia (the country), and it was really incredible! I stayed in the city, where it was more 'European' and developed, but the country side was very impoverished. It was a work trip and I had the opportunity to really meet the locals that we were working with. I've also spent a July in the UK, Ukraine, and backpacking through Eastern Europe. Lots of travel happened pre-kids. Now we stay at home and are glad to get out to the zoo. It's just too warm for us here during this time of year to travel much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about having done alot of travel pre-kids. After our son turned two, we upped the travel, but I think we won't be traveling much in 2015 after kid #2 comes into the picture!

      Delete
  3. I love the picture of San Francisco, I would love to visit one day :) LBK - it really changes :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...