Thursday, August 7, 2014

Pregnancy Update: 20 Weeks

Happy Friday, friends!  Today marks the end of 20 weeks of pregnancy... that's right, I'm halfway there.  Hard to believe, given that a mere month ago, I was just out of the woods (1st trimester / morning sickness hell).  My last pregnancy update was three weeks ago, so we're well overdue for another update.

If you haven't been along for the pregnancy ride, here are the other updates I've posted so far:
Pregnancy Update: 14 Weeks
Pregnancy Update: 17 Weeks

At the week 17 update, I asked you all for guesses on the baby gender...



I don't know if it's the navy top I'm wearing, but I swear the belly looks smaller in the 20 weeks picture.  Weird.

Weeks along: 20 weeks

Gender reveal: at the 17 week update, I talked about how we learned the gender of the baby via a non-invasive test called the cell-free DNA test.  I asked you all to guess the gender.  The correct answer?  GIRL!

Pregnancy clothes: alas, my wardrobe is now limited to maternity clothes.  I tried to wear my favorite non-maternity jeans last Friday night with my bellaband and was dismayed to find that my jeans were too short-waisted and every time I sat down, my jeans would slip out from the bellaband, making much-too-obvious adjustments a necessity when standing up again.  So, the jeans came off, and I put on one (of only three) pairs of maternity jeans I own.  I think I will be washing those jeans an awful lot come fall/winter.

Total weight gain: 11 pounds.  I've only gained one pound since the 17 week check-in and I attribute that to my efforts to get back to Paleo eating.  Now don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to diet or lose weight -- I know that providing the right nutrition for the baby is paramount -- but I was eating alot of pasta and bread in the first 16 weeks of my pregnancy, and when I went in to see the doctor at my 16 week pre-natal appointment, I was ahead of the weight gain curve, so I'm guessing I'm back on track now.  I am eating lots of fresh fruits and veggies and very little processed food.  As it should be!

Food cravings: anything with lots of water in it.  I've been eating lots of fruit (strawberries, oranges, pineapples).  I've also been craving soup of all sorts.

Anything making me queasy?  I am happy to report that I haven't encountered anything lately.  Knock on wood.

Wedding ring off or on?  On.

Energy levels / sleep: sleeping great at night.  Afternoon naps vary from 30 minutes to an hour an half.  Not sure what's going on there.

What I'm missing: having a glass of wine or a cocktail when we go out to dinner.  I've had a few sips of my hubby's wine (when he orders it), but I've decided no drinks while I'm pregnant.  Call me cautious.  When we went out to dinner last week, I ordered a mocktail.  It was delicious.

What I'm looking forward to: not a whole lot right now.  I am loving my belly right now, as I know how much bigger I am going to get.

Mamas - did any of you drink during your pregnancy?

Everyone - any plans for the weekend?

17 comments:

  1. A girl! Yay! Happy to see that I guessed right ;-P

    Congratulations! You look fab! Embrace the full belly panel pants - some days I wish I could still wear them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacey! You're right, I should embrace the full belly panel pants...I'm not quite pregnant enough for them to do their thing and I've been having a little trouble keeping the panels up...

      Delete
  2. EEEK! It's a girl! Congratulations!!! Now you get to go shopping for all new baby clothes ;) My sister in law is expecting a little girl. I'm trying not to be a crazy auntie and buy that babe an entire wardrobe before it's even born, but there's just so much cute stuff out there!

    You have such a lovely pregnancy glow and it sounds like you're generally doing well! I missed wine while pregnant and nursing (stuck with alcohol free beer if I really, really wanted something 'alcoholic' to drink), which ended up being over two years.

    This weekend? We're working on the house. I'm planting blackberries, I hope, and will be asking our neighbours to kindly prevent their chickens from coming onto our property so they won't eat said berries. I'm pretty sure my son will be heart broken that the really, really free range chickens will no longer be taking strolls in our backyard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - the downside to have a girl (no, not really) -- but I am trying to resist buying too many girl clothes for the first 3 months since they don't wear those clothes for very long. We're not big about dressing up our children too over the top, so I think my little girl will be sporting some of her brother's duds for some time until she even notices she's wearing boys clothes!!

      Your weekend sounds like it will be nice and productive! I don't know anything about planting blackberries but I hope it doesn't require a whole lot of work!

      Delete
    2. Haha, yea, I'm probably going to do the same if we ever manage to conceive number two and it happens to be a girl. I think I have a box of boy clothes in 0-3 months that my son never wore! Those little babes grow so quickly!

      Our weekend was super lazy - I didn't even plant my berries hah. It's not a lot of work, just digging a hole, putting the plant in there, and covering with earth, but it was so windy I couldn't even manage to go outside. Instead, we hung out in our garage and snacked while talking about future plans.

      I hope you had a lovely weekend :)

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the GIRL!! That's awesome! You look great...such a cutie. My plans for this weekend include a baseball game, birthday celebrations and Girls on the Run coach training.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A baseball game sounds like a great way to spend a summer weekend. Even though the Denver team hasn't been doing well this season, I'm still hoping to make it to a game before baseball season is over...

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on your baby GIRL! You look positively beautiful in your pictures. And you aren't alone, I think I missed wine most of all while pregnant. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brittany! It's been great following your post about life with two kids.

      Delete
  5. Congrats on a baby girl! You look great.

    I definitely had a sip or two of wine when I was PG and if we were going to have another (it's a no at this point), I think I'd be a little less cautious with an occasional glass of wine but only in the 3rd trimester as everything is developed by then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good point about having an occasional sip when I'm in the 3rd trimester. Thanks for the tip!!

      Delete
  6. congrats on your little girl! I was so thankful to be pregnant during the summer because all I wanted to was fruit with water in it. I think I ate my weight in cantaloupe and pineapple!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I would be eating cantaloupe and watermelon, too, except that I'm allergic to melons.

      Delete
  7. congrats on your baby girl -- so excited :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, wonderful a girl :) You look amazing! I did stop drinking while pregnant and it took me almost 20 years to start up again lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...