Monday, August 18, 2014

Random Monday

I woke up this morning feeling a little under the weather.  And possible pink eye.  I've been up for awhile now (and I've had my coffee) and I no longer think it's pink eye, but I am still feeling pretty low on energy, so I'm going to keep this post short and sweet: a few scattered thoughts for Monday.

1.  I think I worked out a little too hard this weekend.  Last Friday, I mentioned some of my favorite things about Colorado including the beauty in the mountains.  We spent the weekend in Breckenridge, and this was my first time catching a glimpse of ski resort, without the snow, in the summer time.


I found it weird to see ski runs without snow.  Maybe it's just me.
The other reason we went up to Breckenridge is to get in some scenic hiking.  Which we did.  We went on a four mile hike on Saturday morning and another four mile hike on Sunday morning.  I think the back-to-back hikes have left me needing to recover.


2.  My husband has fully embraced eating Paleo.  When I switched to eating Paleo this past February, my husband was happy to eat the Paleo dinners I started preparing every night, but he continued to eat non-Paleo for his breakfasts and lunches.  Since he finished his marathon back in April, he's put on quite a bit of weight and is now looking for any way to get this extra weight off.  He is now eating more Paleo than I am (I've backed off a bit because of my pregnancy).  Last night, I was too tired to make dinner, so he spiralized a zucchini and ate it with some pork & sirloin ragu I had stashed in the freezer!

3.  What I'm Reading: Shanghai Girls.  I've had this book on the bookshelf for over a year -- I'm not even sure why I bought it to begin with, but I haven't been interested in picking up the book for the longest time.  I found the book again last week and gave it another try and now I am completely sucked in.  A few months ago I had a World War II obsession, reading both fiction and non-fiction books, and this story starts off in Shanghai in 1937, just as WWII is starting to pick up -- hence my interest in giving it another chance.

How was your weekend?  Are you reading anything fun right now?

10 comments:

  1. My weekend was so fun and jam packed. The highlight was watching my dog have the best time at a end of season dog swim! :) I'm going to a party this weekend and I need to bring a side. The girl hosting is trying to eat a paleo diet, so I want to bring something that fits her diet and is delicious for non-paleo eaters too. Any suggestions??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, a side that is paleo friendly? Hmmm. First thing that came to mind was deviled eggs, because I had some really good ones this weekend served with a bacon & jalapeno garnish. If you're looking for something healthier, you can always do a salad without croutons... as long as there are no beans, dairy, sugar, or grain in the salad, you're good! (Tessamae's are great Paleo-friendly, dairy free salad dressings).

      Delete
  2. Your pictures look great! I hope you feel better soon.... I had pink eye a few months ago for the first time and it was terrible! My weekend was okay... nothing crazy, pretty low key, but I like weekends like that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caroline! It's Tuesday and I definitely have pink eye. Now I just have to wait the 5-7 days it takes for it to go away...

      Delete
  3. Sorry you've been so tired! Hopefully you got some rest today & are feeling better. That's so awesome that your husband is eating Paleo! I wish mine would embrace paleo, but it's his choice... I just want him to feel good & be healthy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband is a type 1 diabetic, so he does notice the benefits of eating Paleo. He also saw what it did for my health & weight, so he is motivated to eat Paleo.

      Delete
  4. It's awesome that your husband is also going paleo! I wish mine would, too :) It would make food so much easier! It sounds like you had a beautiful and busy weekend! I hope you get the rest you need!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yuliya, I am getting rest. I've pretty much been on bedrest since Monday noon. I'm out of bed right now trying to get a change of scenery, but I'm still feeling a little under the weather. Hopefully just one more day.

      Delete
  5. This post simply confirms that I want to have a second home in Colorado! Those pictures are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! I'm so glad I found you through the SITS Saturday Sharefest!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...