Friday, August 22, 2014

Stuck in Bed

Doesn't that sound like fun?  Being stuck in bed?

It was fun.  For the first four hours.

I woke up Monday with what looked like pink eye.  I prayed it wasn't.  By lunchtime, I was pretty sure it was conjunctivitis.  I decided to wait a day and see what happened.  By mid-day Tuesday, I called the advice nurse (saves me a trip to the doctor) and asked if pink eye could be detrimental to my pregnancy (answer: no).

The advice nurse also advised to look out for a temperature above 100.7.  If that happened or I had any pains in the belly, I was to call back immediately.  Otherwise, as long as the contaminated eye did not excrete yellow or green pus, I did not experience sudden loss of vision, or any other serious changes, I was advised that the pink eye should be resolved on it's own in 5-7 days.


I am not a patient person.  By Thursday morning I had had enough.  I called back.  I wanted antibiotics for my eye; I couldn't wait for this problem to heal on its own.

I would have picked up the meds by noon on Thursday except that just before noon, I was struck by a sudden case of extreme fatigue and tumbled into bed.  And then I couldn't fall asleep.  I spent most of Thursday listening to audiobooks while lying in bed.

I have my antibiotics now and hope Friday is a little more productive.  And that my eye doesn't look so scary.  Fortunately, my son hasn't been scared off my bloody looking eye.

I spent most of Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday in bed and was in no condition to sit up and watch television, so I spent most of my time drifting in and out of sleep, waking only to use the bathroom and get food and water.  While I was stuck there, I wished I was...

scrapbooking...

getting a pedicure...

hiking somewhere beautiful...


When was the last time you were stuck in bed?  What do you do to pass time?

6 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you're having a rough time & stuck in bed! That definitely stinks!! Glad you got some antibiotics though!
    Hmm... last time I was stuck in bed was a few years ago, I think. I had passed out at the lab from having bloodwork done (he couldn't find my vein right away & it grossed me out). I couldn't keep anything down & felt so weak. Had to call into work & stay in bed all day. Just watched tv & slept.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh what an awful reason to have to stay in bed. I'm blessed with big visible veins. Sounds like you've been super healthy to have only been stuck in bed once in the last couple of years!!

      Delete
  2. Awww, boo!

    I've never been on any kind of bed rest... other than the occasional illness that knocked me out and made me sleep.

    Wishing you well. Thanks for stopping by from the SITS Sharefest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, so glad to meet you through the SITS Sharefest!

      Delete
  3. Oh no! I'm sorry you aren't feeling well! I can't imagine how frustrating that is, especially with a little kiddo already running around. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...