Sunday, August 31, 2014

What's In Your Beach Bag?


Okay, people, it's the end of the summer.  At least, as defined by the fact that it is Labor Day weekend, the unofficial marker of the end of the summer.

I am just a wee bit excited because not only are we spending the last weekend of the summer at the beach...we're spending the entire week at the beach!  After living in California for most of my life, we moved to Colorado last spring.  There are no beaches in Colorado.  At least not any that touch an actual ocean.  Suddenly, I miss the beach.


So I'm more than thrilled that we are spending a week with family and friends in the lovely Outer Banks of North Carolina.  If you've never been, you can either a) check out the link I've provided or b) wait for lots of lovely photos I plan to share in a future post (of course!)

So with the beach on my mind, I want to know, what do you pack in your beach bag?

Here's what I've got in mine...







OK, I'm missing two things (couldn't get them in the photo before we left): snacks and an iPod (need my tunes!).  But I like to keep the bag light.

What did you do for Labor Day weekend?


12 comments:

  1. Great post. In November we are spending a week at the beach for the first time since becoming parents so I definitely needed the tips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lec, I can't say that my beach bag contents are good enough for having an infant, but I guess it gives you an idea...

      Delete
  2. No way! We are in the Outer Banks too! We are staying in Corolla. Small world (and loooong flight/drive for you)! Enjoy your vacation :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously! I must have missed that detail in your posts about your end-of-summer trip. Maybe I'll spot you out and about (although I think you've already been here for a week…) Small world indeed!

      Delete
    2. I'm not sure that I ever mentioned it! We have been going to OBX/Corolla for years and love it here. We just got here on Saturday, but drove through the night on Friday and got an early check-in, so it was pretty much a full day for us.

      Delete
    3. We drove through Corolla today on our way to the Currituck Lighthouse. We're staying down in Southern Shores. This is my second time to OBX and I love it!!!

      Delete
  3. We're having a low key family weekend because the next few weeks are CRAZY so it's good to have a little calm before the storm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A low key family weekend can be just as fun as a packed weekend. It's being with family that makes it fun!!

      Delete
  4. We spend a week in the Outer Banks every year (we stay in Duck). We were just there at the beginning of August. I miss it already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only been here twice, living most of my life in California… but my MIL lives in North Carolina, so we try and come out now and again.

      Delete
  5. I love beaches!! We went to San Antonio and had a great time...plenty of relaxing and pool time on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your trip to San Antonio looked like lots of fun. I liked your running tour of the city!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...