Friday, September 19, 2014

Friday Five


It's Friday!  I'm ready to enjoy today --especially given my Thursday: I decided to spend the ENTIRE day with my son, which meant keeping him home from Montessori school so that we could spend some quality mom-son time together: a morning walk, tumbling class, lunch together (hello soup & salad bar, where kids eat free!), and then a nice long nap (he slept from 1-3:30pm!), followed by more time outdoors.  However, all that one-on-one time left me exhausted by the end of the day.

What am I going to do when I have two kids?!

No time to dwell on that right now.  I'm looking forward to the weekend!  I'll leave you with five random thoughts I've got on the brain right now...  Have a great weekend!

Weekend plans.  What I'm looking forward to this weekend: an Oktoberfest here in Colorado.  I know, it's still September, but I guess they get started early here.  I clearly won't be drinking any beer, but I'm looking forward to sampling some decent German food!

Careers.  I've officially been out of the work force for almost a year now, but I love reading about other people's career trajectories.  I especially enjoyed this article from Jo Goddard (author of Cup of Jo!) and 10 lessons she's learned from her career, everything from leaving law school to working in various magazines in NYC to her job today as a full-time blogger.

Pumpkins.  We'll be hitting a pumpkin patch in a couple more weeks, but until then, I'm already dreaming about all the ways I can put pumpkin to use.  I loved this post from Jenn @ GirlOnTheMove...links to all things pumpkin!

Fall wardrobe shopping.  I think we're only a couple weeks away from cooler weather here in Colorado.  The challenge is (1) finding maternity wear that doesn't make me look like I'm wearing a tent; (2) investing in something that I might wear post-pregnancy.  I found this awesome coat but it was a sample sale item and they're out of my size.  So I'm focusing on accessories, like this boot in a wine color.

City or suburb?  Here's an article that made me reminisce about living in a big city...apparently not all big cities are created equal.  This article opened my eyes to a possible shift we may see in our American cities in the future.

What about you?  What are you thinking about this fine Friday?

7 comments:

  1. I love the coat! I am thinking about the fact that I will be at the beach in a few hours :) Just an overnight, but it's going to be a nice evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh the beach sounds nice, even if it's just for the weekend. Have fun!

      Delete
  2. We are going to the Apple Orchard this weekend and will visit the pumpkin patch in just a few weeks. Those are two of my favorite things to do in fall!
    It's so hard to shop for maternity clothes. I always hated spending $$ on something I would only wear for a short while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our lives have been so crazy busy at the moment. We have a week coming up where we have no plans. I'm looking forward to a bit of recharge time for the family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get recharged this weekend! Sounds like you've been running busy for awhile now.

      Delete
  4. Oh, I so have pumpkins on the brain, too! I really wish that we had pumpkin patches around here. We were in the US for Halloween when Y (my son) was a few months old, and that's it. We went to a pumpkin batch, but he was obviously too small to care/notice/do anything. I'd love to take him now that he's two, but the biggest chance of anything like that happening would be if I plant a bunch of pumpkins in our backyard haha... or go to the US, but that won't be happening for a while, sadly.

    I love those shoes you linked to ;) I had the hardest time finding clothing when I was expecting. I still struggle with it now actually (too short for Dutch adult clothing).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...