Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Goodbye, Summer!


For some, summer ended when school started.

For others, maybe it was the start of a new job or moving to a new city to start a new life.

My summer officially ended yesterday, when we returned from a ten day vacation.  It's a hard reality to come to terms with, returning home after vacation.

A week ago, I was on a beach, deciding between reading fashion magazines and doing crossword puzzles.  Today, I'm at home doing laundry, and scrubbing down the house, readying it for winter.

A week ago, it was 92F and very humid, which is a little uncomfortable for me.  Today it's 53F, overcast, and rainy.

A week ago, I was enjoying my mother in law's cooking and loving the fact that I got to eat food other than my own.  Today, I'm trying to figure out what to make for lunch so I don't go back to the same old, same old.

A week ago, I was writing postcards to friends, telling them "wish you were here!".  Today, I'm going through email, getting back to my son's school with info, confirming upcoming appointments, and paying online bills.

I'm ready.  Goodbye summer.  Until next year!


Is your summer over yet?  What marked (or will mark) the end of your summer this year?


Outdoor summer fairs in downtown Denver.
Food stands at a county fair.
Summer skies reflected in the water.  Breckenridge, CO.

11 comments:

  1. You look so cute in a hat and love the toes :) The pictures of Colorado are beautiful :) I am envious of your temperature for sure. I just got back from training (for work) and my car temperature said it was 87 outside today and it feels sticky as usual lol When school starts I always feel like summer should end but it doesn't here. Last year when I ran my half marathon in Oct. is was 90 degrees I remember just cursing - I really expected summer to be over lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 90 in October?! I guess your summer won't be ending for awhile!!

      Delete
    2. Isn't that crazy?we had about a week of that in Oct. last year. It will cool, then that will happen and make me grumpy lol

      Delete
  2. I definitely agree - love the hat and toes photos :) Sounds like you had a lovely holiday and a lovely summer! For me summer usually ends around the time that school starts where ever I live or around my birthday. It's usually also around the time the weather cools down where ever I live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen & Yuliya, I will miss the hat and wearing open toed shoes / sandals / flipflops. I do love the seasons here in Colorado, so I'm pulling out sweaters, scarves, and other fun accessories for fall!

      Having a birthday near the end of summer is a great way to think "fall!"

      Delete
  3. It's always hard to come back home after a fantastic vacation. I'm jealous of your cute feet! Mine are seriously beat up right now from all the miles. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks Angie for the compliment. I know my feet took a beating when I was training for my marathons back in the day. I didn't spend nearly as much time getting pedicures back then!

      Delete
  4. Like everyone said, love the hat and toes pictures! Do you know the nail polish color, by any chance? Summer officially ended for me when the local fair came to town 2 weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, I don't know what the name is...it was a color I picked out at the nail salon.

      Delete
  5. Such a nice treat to have someone else cooking for you, and to be on vacation! It is definitely a hard adjustment to come back, I hope you are back into a groove by now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary, I'm definitely back in the groove now, and cooking some new things I learned from my MIL!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...