Saturday, September 27, 2014

Meal Planning: Sept 28 - Oct 4


Last week's meal planning idea of creating categories for each night was so inspirational, I'm continuing the theme with this week's meal planning.

Here are some hits from last week's meal plan:
Recipe: Crockpot Chicken Tikka Masala (Real Simple)

Soup: Escarole & Little Meatball Soup (I omitted the grain to make it Paleo)
Salad: Apple and Escarole Salad with Blue Cheese & Hazelnuts (I swapped out Feta for the Blue Cheese)

My husband was a huge fan of soup & salad night, so I've kept that for Monday, but I've changed most of the other themes/categories to keep the inspiration up.  Like last week, I'm listing several options for each night's cooking theme in the hopes that one of them will appeal to you (and me!).
My husband is continuing to eat Paleo, so several of the options below will be Paleo (or modifiable to make the meal Paleo).

Key to abbreviations below
GF = gluten free
P = paleo
V = vegetarian

Braise
Braised Lamb Shanks in Port (GF, P-modifiable)
Weekend Pot Roast (GF, P)

Soup & Salad
Broccoli Cheddar Soup (V)
Escarole and Little Meatball Soup - (GF-modifiable, P-modifiable)
Autumn Salad with Pears & Gorgonzola (GF, V)
Apple Pecan & Feta Salad (GF, V)

One Pot Meal
Pan Roasted Cauliflower with Pine Nuts and Raisins (GF, P-modifiable, V)
Chicken Cacciatore (P-modifiable)

En Papillote
"En papillote" is French for "in parchment" and is a quick and easy technique of cooking in the oven...
Mediterranean Style Bass (GF, P-modifiable)
Sesame Ginger Salmon (GF, P-modifiable)
Cod with Citrus, Ginger, and Shiitake (GF, P)

Stir Fry
Thai Ginger Chicken Stir Fry (P-modifiable)
Stir Fry Ginger Beef (P-modifiable)

If you want more meal planning ideas, check out other meal plans at Mommy Run Fast, where other bloggers have linked up their meal plans for the upcoming week!

11 comments:

  1. Anything in a crockpot sounds good to me! Nice meal plan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good, but that seems like a really long grocery list! Do you do it all once or make a few trips a week?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I don't make all the recipes, and I probably cook 3-4 times a week. Because I like to go with whatever I'm in the mood for that day, I usually buy for no more than 2 meals at a time.

      Delete
  3. I love Tikka Masala... checking out that recipe right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not the most authentic tasting tikka masala, but great considering it's a crock pot recipe. I'm going to try this recipe at some point, which requires grilling (as it should be done!): http://www.panningtheglobe.com/2014/05/20/chicken-tikka-masala/

      Delete
  4. The escarole salad sounds and looks wonderful! I don't use escarole very often. Time to change that!

    Thanks for linking up with What's for Dinner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting meal planning Sunday with Laura!

      Delete
  5. Your meal ideas sound great! I've been having a hard time sticking with my meal plan and it's just Tuesday :) The next I expect such a hectic week, I think I'll give your style of meal planning a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yuliya, I think we get points just for PLANNING the week. Who cares if we actually stick to the meal plan or not?! :-)

      Delete
    2. haha! I love that philosophy! I guess our families should be happy to get something (hopefully tasty) to eat regardless, right?

      I forgot to say this before, but I'm loving how you've added the meal planning graphics/photos! They make it easier to pin, too ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...