Saturday, September 20, 2014

Meal Planning: September 21 - 27


I'm back in the meal planning game!  It's been awhile since I've put any forethought into what I might make for the week, but my husband has gone Paleo which means it helps to know what we'll be making for dinner for the whole week.

I'm only listing dinner plans.  If I get better at this, maybe I'll include breakfast and lunch plans. :-)

In the past, when I've done meal planning, I've found that I have trouble sticking to the plan when it gets too specific, so I'm going to try something different and go with "categories" -- or themes -- for each night.  I may still end up mixing things up (grilling on Sunday night instead of Thursday night for example), but hopefully, I'll hit each theme (I've given myself a leftovers night and a night to eat out to keep it realistic).


For each theme I've listed above, I'm providing a couple of recipes (again because I hate getting locked into a specific recipe).  Maybe you'll find one or more of them inspiring and decide to steal one (which I'd love).  I haven't tried most of the recipes provided below, but if I have, I'll indicate so...


Crockpot
Slow Cooker Lamb Gyros with Frites and Mint Aioli
Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala
Skinny Slow Cooker Taco Soup

Soup & Salad
Mushroom and Leek Soup
Spicy Pumpkin Soup

Spiralize It
Meat sauce with zucchini noodles
Lemon Dill Zucchini Pasta with Shrimp and Capers
Bacon Shrimp Zucchini Noodle Scampi - we made this two weeks ago.  Easy!

Grill
Grilled Citrus Chicken Breasts
Marinated Flank Steak

Seafood
Gremolata Shrimp
Ginger Soy Grilled Salmon

I'm obviously on the hunt to try some new food (otherwise I would have listed more recipes that I've cooked previously).  I like to take advantage of my excitement to cook when it comes -- as that excitement waxes and wanes.  Hopefully I'll try some of these recipes this week and report back next weekend.  All recipes I don't get to can wait until another week.

If you want more meal planning ideas, check out other meal plans at Mommy Run Fast, where other bloggers have linked up their meal plans!

Is there anything you are excited to cook this week?

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up! I love the idea of categories... that is often how I think about our dinners too when planning out the week. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting Laura! I've been wanting to get back to meal planning and I'm happy to be back!! Love the weekend meal planning link up!

      Delete
  2. I need to get on meal planning... I've been such a slacker lately :( I'm def gonna try that pumpkin soup though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you give it a thumbs up, let me know, I decided to make a different soup altogether!

      Delete
  3. I love this idea! I don't like to get too locked down either (that's why I never pick what I cook when), but this seems like a fun way to get organised while leaving room to be creative. That and it all sounds delicious, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, not bad. I stuck to the plan on Sunday (crockpot) and Monday (soup & salad), but hubby has a work dinner Tuesday so not doing the spiralized theme Tuesday night. If nothing else, gets me thinking about what I want to eat for the week!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...