Tuesday, September 23, 2014

My Supermama Moments


Every once in a while, I feel like super mama.  These moments may be fleeting, but they are worth celebrating.  Being a mama is alot of work - a juggling act most days - and it's easy to feel like the world is conspiring against being a good mama.  Let's face it, being mother to one (or many) kids is a reward in itself, whether we get recognized by those we love or not.

In no particular order, here are some of my favorite super mama moments:

1. I wake up on a Monday and feel ready to take on the day.

2. The laundry basket is only half full.

3. The refrigerator is not a complete chaotic mess.

4. When I think about who I am, "mom" is the first word that comes to mind.

5. I remember to look at the monthly calendar and pay the bills a week early.

6. My son gives me a hug and says "I love you!" for no apparent reason.

7. Dinner ends up on the table on time.  And everyone is eating a slightly personalized plate of food.

8. My husband says "Thank you" for whatever reason: a delicious meal, a clean house, or for just being me.

9.  A total stranger tells you, "You're a great mom," based on observing you in public.

What is your favorite moment (in recent memory) that made you feel like a super mama?

6 comments:

  1. Love this list! I always feel like a super mama when I'm prepared...as in, my son asks for a snack while we're out and about and I immediately whip one out of my purse. Because OF COURSE I brought a snack along! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is another favorite of mine. Being prepared with a snack and with water!

      Delete
  2. I love it when the laundry basket is half empty :) It never seems to happen lately though. I feel like super mom when making activities for my son - without many kids around his age and because he's not going to daycare, I tend to panic if I don't have educational works set up for him. If I have it together, those works will all be done Sunday evening (doesn't seem to happen much either).

    Best mommy moment though was definitely yesterday when my son just walked up to me and gave my legs a hug while I was washing dishes. I can't wait for him to speak more - maybe I can get a random I love you like you got from your kiddo :) Those moments are so special :)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yuliya - that is a good one, and one that I could work on. Because my son DOES go to daycare, this one is not a priority for me (good food is, as that is a challenge), but I do love reading your blog for ideas on how I could have educational activities!!

      As for the random 'I love you', I'm sure that will come in time, whenever your son starts speaking more. My son didn't get going with lots of talking until he was close to 3. He was definitely talking by 2, but we've seen the 4+ word sentences only in the last 6-9 months.

      Delete
    2. Yuliya - that is a good one, and one that I could work on. Because my son DOES go to daycare, this one is not a priority for me (good food is, as that is a challenge), but I do love reading your blog for ideas on how I could have educational activities!!

      As for the random 'I love you', I'm sure that will come in time, whenever your son starts speaking more. My son didn't get going with lots of talking until he was close to 3. He was definitely talking by 2, but we've seen the 4+ word sentences only in the last 6-9 months.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...