Tuesday, September 23, 2014
My Supermama Moments
Every once in a while, I feel like super mama. These moments may be fleeting, but they are worth celebrating. Being a mama is alot of work - a juggling act most days - and it's easy to feel like the world is conspiring against being a good mama. Let's face it, being mother to one (or many) kids is a reward in itself, whether we get recognized by those we love or not.
In no particular order, here are some of my favorite super mama moments:
1. I wake up on a Monday and feel ready to take on the day.
2. The laundry basket is only half full.
3. The refrigerator is not a complete chaotic mess.
4. When I think about who I am, "mom" is the first word that comes to mind.
5. I remember to look at the monthly calendar and pay the bills a week early.
6. My son gives me a hug and says "I love you!" for no apparent reason.
7. Dinner ends up on the table on time. And everyone is eating a slightly personalized plate of food.
8. My husband says "Thank you" for whatever reason: a delicious meal, a clean house, or for just being me.
9. A total stranger tells you, "You're a great mom," based on observing you in public.
What is your favorite moment (in recent memory) that made you feel like a super mama?