Monday, September 15, 2014

Pregnancy Update: 25 Weeks


It's been three weeks since my last pregnancy update... I'm going to make a real effort to try to get back to providing an update every two weeks.  Vacation kinda got in the way, so I missed the 24 week update.  The good news is the weather is cooling down, so my pregnancy photos will now include shots of me wearing something other than shorts!!

I gained 3.5 pounds while I was on vacation, thanks to all the great food we had while we were in the Outer Banks.  Renting a house means you get to enjoy lots of home cooked meals, and my mother-in-law made some great eats.  The weight gain was welcome, as I am little under the expected weight gain given how far along I am.

Weeks along: 25 weeks (as of 9/12)


Recent prenatal visit: at my 24-week prenatal visit, I took the glucose screening test and passed.  I wasn't worried about passing this test because since going Paleo, I consume way less sugar than I used to.  With the pregnancy, I've made concessions; I do have a treat now and then, but nothing near what I used to consume.  One of the downfalls of not eating processed sugar is that two hours after I drank the sugary orange-flavored drink (required for the glucose screening test), my body crashed from the sugary high and I felt miserable.  I drank tons of water and was quick to down my lunch (a huge romaine, arugula, and cherry tomato salad with a side of grilled chicken), and that cured the crash.  Other than that, not much else to report.  My next prenatal visit will be at the 28-week mark.

Weight gain: a total of 13 pounds.

Other body changes: I'm definitely feeling heavier and bigger.  I am also now having trouble bending over when picking things up off the ground, or reaching down to tie shoes or fix the straps on my sandals.  My three-year-old can no longer sit in my lap (our favorite way to read a book together), so now we sit side by side to read books.

Movement: baby girl is a mover!  She moves regularly through the day, and is most active at night, like most babies.  She continues to respond most favorably whenever I have something with sugar.

Cravings: none, but I have to say I miss the awesome tomatoes I was eating while visiting the East coast.  I don't know what it is about the tomatoes I'm eating in Colorado (most of them are from California, maybe the travel takes the great taste out of them), but the tomatoes here just don't compare in flavor.

Aversions: fortunately, none!

Sleep: sleep continues to be plentiful.  I get 7.5-8.5 hours a night, plus a nap of a 1-2 hours every afternoon.  I'm all about the rest.

Workouts: I have to admit I haven't been doing much other than 30-minute walks about two or three times a week.  I have a prenatal video I've been meaning to start.  Hopefully that will happen soon???

Other updates: while on vacation, my mother-in-law and I discussed plans for her coming out from North Carolina to help out when the baby is born.  Because I will have a planned Cesarean, we've agreed that she will come out for two weeks right around when the baby is due, go home for a week or two, and then try and come back for another week (I wish she could stay longer!!).  I'm also reaching out to my younger sister to see if she can come out for some period of time in the first month or two...we don't have any family here in Colorado, so everything requires planning and purchasing plane tickets.

Is the weather cooling off where you live?  Are you ready for fall?

9 comments:

  1. You are a super cute pregnant lady!! You look really happy in your 25 week photo. I'm glad the pregnancy is going well. It is definitely feeling like fall around here. It is kind of nice, but I'm not ready for super cold weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am pretty happy in all my photos, but I was particularly happy to get to wear something other than shorts for my 25 week photo.

      Delete
  2. Looking good, mama! So glad to hear you're getting great sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look beaaauuutttiful in your photos :) It's great that you and your baby girl are doing well! I hope you can get everything arranged with family to visit. I can imagine the recovery for a c-section is not too quick or nice.

    It's kind of fall. We had a beautiful weekend, but now the weather is starting to be typically Dutch: gray, rainy, wet, windy. Except yesterday it was really hot and gray. It's always a surprise with the weather here :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you have grown so much in the last three weeks. Your looking amazing though <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really look amazing! Your bump is growing but you still look really fit :0) I can't wait for Fall! You've heard me whine enough lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...