Thursday, September 18, 2014

Travel is my Panacea

It's been over a week since I returned from a 10-day trip to the Outer Banks and Washington, D.C.  With baby girl due at the end of the year, the trip was my last plane travel for awhile, and probably my last trip out of state for sometime, so I really enjoyed every last minute of it.

I took TONS of photos to remember the trip by.

I savored every moment, every meal, every view that I came upon.

I didn't want it to end.

When my little girl is born this coming December, this will mark my second time around as a mama, so I know what to expect when the baby comes: very little sleep, very little time for me, and very little time to do anything much except take care of the baby and myself.  I'm sure I'll be missing the opportunity to travel very much.  Whenever I take a trip, near or far, I find myself returning home a happier person.  Travel is my panacea.

And so...I've decided I'm going to start a series where every Thursday I will cover something travel related: places I've been, places I hope to go one day, and anything else related to travel: travel tips, food, culture, events, whatever crosses my mind.  Most of my travel has been limited to the U.S. but one never knows, right?  With two little ones, I probably won't be traveling far in the next decade, but it doesn't hurt to research...

So to kick things off, I'm going to highlight where I've been in 2014.  This year was full of travel compared 2011-2013, and it's no coincidence that my son is finally at an age that makes it easy to travel.  In future posts, I'll explore each of these locales in further detail...

Where We Traveled in 2014
January: San Diego, CA
January: San Francisco, CA (visit 1 of 3)
Feb/March: Orlando, FL
April: San Francisco, CA (visit 2 of 3)
May: Kennebunk Port, ME
May: Sacramento, CA
May: San Francisco, CA (visit 3 of 3)
July: Raleigh-Chapel Hill-Durham, NC
August: Breckenridge, CO (local trip, but it still counts!!)
September: Outer Banks, NC and Washington D.C.
Do you enjoy travelling?  If so, do you like to travel near or far?

6 comments:

  1. I love that you have traveled to different parts of the country throughout the year! So fun!! I can't wait to read all of your Thursday travel posts. :) I love to travel...anywhere and everywhere-I'm always up for a trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, there wasn't alot of pre-planning; we just took advantage of a wedding here, a few business trips there, and suddenly we were traveling all over the country!

      Delete
  2. Wow, you've been to a lot of different places this year! I've been to Orlando, Breckenridge and Washington D.C. in the past but I haven't visited any of the others...yet. I love your idea for this series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty cool that you've been to three of the places I've been to this year. Glad to hear that you like my series idea. I can't wait to post them on Thursdays!

      Delete
  3. I love all the pictures, San Francisco does look really amazing ;) It's awesome you were able to travel so much throughout the the year. I enjoy it, but it doesn't happen frequently for me. Hubby and I have started to try out more adventures (mostly close to home) together though and I am really enjoying it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh! How fun! I used to love to travel, but since I've settled down here in the Netherlands, travel has been limited to visiting family either in the US or Ukraine/Russia and not much else. I really miss it. Once we're settled, I really hope to start exploring Europe a bit more again even with a toddler (and hopefully another kid soonish). If you do ever find yourself in the Netherlands, I'd be happy to be a tour guide although Sophie seems to know about the most amazing places!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...