Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Treat Day for Mama


One of the most important things we mamas can do for ourselves is make an effort to take out some time for ourselves.  As my husband likes to say, "If mama's not happy, nobody's happy."

It's difficult to find time for myself on the weekends because that's when we try to maximize family time, so last Friday, I planned a "me" day around a haircut I already had scheduled.

I love getting my hair cut.  My hairdresser and I have so much in common (she's a new mama, she eats paleo, etc.) so we always have alot to talk about.  Plus, the hair salon has a spa feel, so I love being there.  My favorite part is getting my hair washed...my hair dresser gives a mean head massage.

After my haircut, it was lunchtime, so I grabbed a bite nearby at a Lebanese restaurant I've contemplated previously but never tried.  I was not disappointed.  I had a gyro lunch platter which included gyros, salad, rice, and a side of tzaziki sauce.  The mango-strawberry smoothie was delicious, too.

Happily stuffed, I headed over to Cherry Creek Shopping Center -- an outdoor shopping area that borders a mall.  Some days I go to the mall, but on this day, I loved the idea of strolling around outdoors, plus, all the stores I wanted to visit were outdoors, so that's where I spent an hour of shopping.

I picked up some much needed spices at Penzeys.  Love their spices!

Then I spent some time browsing for stationery at Paper Source.  I think I am one of the few people that still sends snail mail.  Although my friends usually respond by email, I don't mind sending letters through the mail.  It's an excuse to send pretty paper to my friends...

Last stop was Whole Foods.  My husband and I made a deal: if I picked up the ingredients for dinner, he would cook.  So I picked up some shrimp for the main meal...

And some sweets for dessert.

I then went home for a nice nap (this pregnant mama is all about getting her rest!), then went to pick up my three year old from school.  We hung out and did puzzles and played with stickers and coloring books while my husband cooked us shrimp and zucchini noodle scampi (totally Paleo!):

Do you take time for you?  What's your ideal way to spend "me" time?


4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great day :) Your salon is really pretty. Kudos to hubby for cooking. I think my favorite me time is a pedicure, exercise is "me" time too but a nice pedicure is soothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're a runner, anything having to do with your feet is usually a treat!

      Delete
  2. Me time is crucial to my sanity!!!! Glad you are getting some, too, especially before that beautiful new baby arrives!

    That dinner looks delicious! I might have to adopt that "I buy the ingredients... You make dinner..." approach. ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Briana, I feel like there's this crunch to get as much me time in as possible...knowing how little I will have of it for the first 6-12 months of new baby's life. :-)

      I highly recommend getting hubby to help out with dinner!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...