6:45am - I wake up and shortly after, I hear my son waking up (thanks baby monitor!). We get up, get dressed, and get out the door.
7:45am - we have breakfast at the local bagel shop (a chain). For those of you who know, I try to eat Paleo as much as possible, but once in awhile, I splurge. Eating the whole bagel was probably not a good idea; I felt a little off afterwards. Next up, we make a stop at our local healthcare clinic. My son wears hearing aids and every once in a while, we need an emergency fix. Fortunately, our audiologist allows us to do drop-bys for small jobs. Today I need his hearing aids glued back together.
- hearing aids repaired, I drop my son off at Montessori school. I love his school! We started school when my son was two, and attending school has helped my son socially, which is really important given his personality and his hearing loss.
- a load of laundry into the wash, some vacuuming, and I head out for a walk before the day gets too hot. When I need motivation to walk, I walk to the local Starbucks (a little less than 2 miles away), get a treat, and then walk back. My treat? An iced caramel macchiato with half the number of pumps of syrup (trying to keep my sugar intake low).
- back from my walk, I'm happy, because my Fitbit mileage has been a bit low lately. 7,000 additional steps just like that! I like to listen to audiobooks when I walk, and right now I'm reading The Secret Place by Tana French.
- time to make lunch! My favorite part of my day... I make lunch and then eat it while watching one or two of my favorite cooking shows. Lunch is a HUGE salad with homemade dressing (made with Penzey spices!) and leftover chicken from dinner the other night.
12:45pm - clean up after lunch, another load of laundry, and some bills. No photo necessary...
1:45pm - naptime! I try to nap around this time every day because my son still naps and on the weekends, I try and nap when he naps. Again, no photo neccessary. :-)
3:45pm - I end up napping for an hour and a half today and then get up and shower... it's kinda weird, but I find it easier to shower mid-afternoon so I can blow out my hair when my son is at school (I only wash my hair every two-three days).
4:45pm - an afternoon snack of apple and I get a few more things done at home before heading out to pick up my son from school.
- we're at the library... it's always a good after-school option, especially when my husband is out of town. Then it's out to dinner... a night away from cooking for mama. My son is a pretty picky eater these days (didn't use to be the case), so we go somewhere he can enjoy a hot dog. I have a burger, but lose the top bun to minimize the amount of bread I eat.
Rest of the day - we get home around 7pm, head straight for the bath, brush teeth, read a book, and my son's in bed by 8pm. Without my husband home, I'm free to watch whatever I want on TV so I indulge in a couple of epidsodes of International House Hunters, then sit down for some reading at 9pm. Lights out somewhere around 10....
Do you have a spouse that travels for work? Or do you travel for work? How does this change the dynamics of your household?