Sunday, October 26, 2014

Meal Planning: October 26 - November 1


I hope you're all having a wonderful final October weekend!  We have been participating in several Halloween celebrations here in Colorado -- from a fall celebration at my son's Montessori school to Boo at the Zoo at our wonderful Denver Zoo.

Last weekend, I shared my meal plan for one -- as my husband was out of town the entire week.  I'm happy to say he's back!  I enjoyed my week off from serious cooking, and it was a nice to take a break away from the kitchen!

But I'm back with my meal planning by theme and I'm ready to share some recipe links that relate to the following cooking themes I'm looking forward to trying this week:

Soup & Salad
This week, I've chosen two soups that are both chowders.  It must be fall...
Italian Sausage and Kale (I Am That Lady)

Crockpot
I'm in a chili-kind-of-mood so I'm going to try one of these chili recipes
Slow Cooker Chicken Chili (Food Network)
Slow Cooker Chili (Gimme Some Oven)
Black Bean Turkey Chili (Simply Recipes)

Stir Fry
My husband and I have re-embraced stir fry because (1) we love Chinese food; (2) it's so easy to cook and bring it together
Turkey Almond Stir Fry (Ellie Krieger)

Fast & Easy
Chicken in Tarragon Mustard Cream Sauce (Food and Wine) - we'll substitute spaghetti squash for the buttered noodles

Grill

Sides
Easy Broccoli Bake (One Punky Kitchen)

Are you going to be doing any special cooking for Halloween?  Maybe hosting a Halloween party?

2 comments:

  1. Ohh! I miss Halloween! It looks like there are such fun happenings in your part of the world! It is nice to have a break from cooking every now and again, huh? I'm glad that your husband is back though!.

    You have a lot of delicious sounding options to choose from!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is Halloween not a big deal in the Netherlands, or are you just not ready to take the plunge with your two year old? We took my son last year when he was 27 months and he didn't quite get the idea of saying "Trick or Treat" and getting candy. :-) We probably went to all of 6 houses before our night of trick or treating was done.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...