Sunday, October 5, 2014

Meal Planning: October 5-11


Our cooking at home has really taken off since I started meal planning again two weeks ago.  We don't always follow the meal plan exactly (sometimes we move dining out to another night, other times we cook stir fry on a night other than the night planned), but having a plan has definitely encouraged to cook at home.

Like last week, I'm starting off by sharing some recipes that worked this past week...

Recipe: Thai Ginger Chicken Stir Fry from The Kitchn (easy, fast)
Recipe: Sriracha Orange Glazed Green Beans from Simply Recipes (easy, fast)
Recipe: Baked Shrimp in Tomato Feta Sauce from Simply Recipes (easy, fast)

And now, for the possibilities...the potential recipes for this week's meal plan.  Again, I'm featuring a smattering of recipes I've found.  Most of them I haven't made, but if I have, I've made a note next to the link.

Grill / Roasting

Soup & Salad

International

Fast & Easy
Chicken Cutlets with Orange & Arugula (we've made this before...easy and delicious!)
Baked Shrimp in Tomato Feta Sauce (see photo above...it was so easy to make!)

Crockpot

If you want more meal planning ideas, you can check out additional meal plans with Laura at Mommy Run Fast and Jill Conyers at Fitness, Health, and Happiness.

Did you discover any good new recipes this week?  Or cook any old favorites?  Please do share!

11 comments:

  1. Mmm, you've found some delicious recipes! The shrimp in tomato feta sauce sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, linking up with your meal planning has done wonders for my cooking the last two weeks. My husband and I are on a roll!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that shrimp! Those green beans! Annnd that chicken! I'm loving these posts of yours - such a great inspiration to keep healthy :)

    Crab salad with pear also sounds great! I definitely need to go get some seafood-y goodness and get out of my busy life rut!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yuliya! I've really been on a roll, enjoying hunting for new recipes, and then decided WHICH ones to cook. So far, many of them have been winners. The seafood is definitely new for us...I think it's just a trend I'm going through right now.

      Delete
  4. How do you cook that much!! I love how you always mix it up though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, it helps that I'm a stay at home mom. Although, I can only cook two nights in a row and then I need a break. Hence the leftovers and the dining out nights in my schedule. :-)

      Delete
  5. yum, the sriracha beans and thai ginger stiry fry look fantastic. I'm going to have to pin them and try them out. I love how you sorted your recipes by topic, like international, fast and easy and slow cooker. I joined the linkup for the first time this week, nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tanya, nice to meet you too through the meal planning link up. I hope you enjoy the Thai Ginger Stir Fry and Sriracha Green Beans.... we loved both of them!

      Delete
  6. The green beans look like a dish I would love! The baked shrimp too!

    Thanks for linking up with What's for Dinner!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...