Wednesday, October 8, 2014

WIAW #21: I Found My Mojo

On Monday I complained that someone stole my Monday mojo... Well, I'm happy to report that I was able to get my Monday back on track.  I guess blogging has its benefits!  Here's how I managed to get my Monday mojo back...

After I took my son to his Montessori school, I looked at my To Do list on my smartphone and decided that I needed to work on adding to the variety of activities at my son's new Montessori "center".  Last week I realized my three year old wasn't spending much time playing with his toys much anymore and was increasingly asking to watch movies on the iPad or computer.  So I did a little rearranging in the kitchen and created a space for some Montessori activities.  I purchased a four-tiered set of trays to hold activities and I use some muffin pans (to the right) to hold additional activities.


Since I have limited room, I simply change out the activities in the four colored trays so that he can always find something different to play with.  So Monday, I went and purchased some new materials to create new activities with:

Feeling good about this accomplishment, I moved forward with a little laundry and while loading the machine, decided I should bake something.  Brownies are easy and don't take much effort, so out came some ingredients from the pantry.

And what about my eats?  Well thanks to this week's meal plan, I had leftovers for lunch and an awesome dinner planned for the evening.  So let's get to the FOOD, shall we?  After all, it's What I Ate Wednesday (WIAW) and I can't forget to link up with Jenn at Peas and Crayons!

Breakfast
Before I eat any actual food, my day always starts with this duo: a fresh brewed cup of coffee and our trusty baby monitor:
My son slept in a little bit longer this morning, so I was able to enjoy my breakfast - avocado, tomato, and egg sandwich - all by myself while reading blogs and the news at the breakfast table.

Lunch
Again, thanks to this week's meal plan, lunch was a cinch...I simply ate leftovers from yesterday's awesome dinner: Port-Glazed Grilled Porterhouse with roasted potatoes (there was asparagus and salad in yesterday's dinner, but none left for lunch today):

Afternoon snacks
Every once in a while, I look to put out some appetizers/nibbles to feast on while we are making dinner.  So I set out a little cheese, meat, and nuts for my hubby and I to snack on:

Dinner
We tried out two new recipes last night and ended up with cod two different ways: Corn and Cod Chowder and Roasted Cod with Fennel & Potatoes.  Both were delicious.  Recipes coming soon!

And last of all, let's not forget those brownies I made earlier in the day!  I definitely had one after dinner...

Have you tried any new recipes lately?  Are you eating in or out these days?

14 comments:

  1. Oh my your breakfast looks amazing! I really need to work on doing better breakfasts than I am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprisingly, that egg-tomato-avocado open faced sandwich is fairly easy to make! Easier than an omelette in my opinion...

      Delete
  2. Your breakfast looks delicious! I love the soup idea. I can't wait for the recipe. I made chicken enchilada stuffed spaghetti squash this week. It was so good and so easy!! I'm also trying some recipes on Friday for my pumpkin carving party. I can't wait to take pics and share...hopefully they turn out well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leslie. Yes, the soup recipe is sooo easy. I just need to do one more test run to make sure I've got it just right. Enchilada stuffed spaghetti squash sounds good...will you be sharing?

      Delete
  3. I love when a day turns out more productive than you thought it would ;) Seriously, i am stopping in for breakfast with you one of these days lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, any time...breakfast is one of my favorite meals of the day. And I love making it for a crowd!

      Delete
  4. I love that snack plate! Can't beat some good meat 'n' cheese ;) And those brownies! Yummy day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cat - it was a yummy day! Meat 'n cheese plates are always welcome in our house!

      Delete
  5. Oohh How awesome with the Montessori shelves :) I love your new supplies!

    And holy yum!!! Those brownies look amazing, but I have to say that I am way more excited about the cod recipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the Montessori "shelves" will have to do since I can do a "full out" Montessori set up in the kitchen. And since I spend most of my time in the kitchen, that's where my son usually is, if he's not playing outside with his papa!

      Delete
  6. I loooove roasted potatoes! One of my favs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, what is it about roasted potatoes? So easy, so delicious, and they go with everything!!

      Delete
  7. that breakfast sandwich looks to die for!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...