Thursday, November 20, 2014

Currently...

I'm excited to link up for the first time with Amanda from Running with Spoons.  I've read quite a few posts from this Thursday link-up party and I have to say, I have lots of random thoughts going on in this pregnant mama's brain, so why not share this week?

1. I've been loving the kitchen.  I think it's knowing that once baby #2 gets here, I won't have much free time to cook.  So I've been spending a LOT of time in the kitchen, cooking and baking, and just enjoying my kitchen.  We even did a Thanksgiving "dry run" this past Tuesday where the hubby and I made two of the 10 million dishes we want to make for Thanksgiving (even though we're not going to have any guests this year).

2. Pregnancy is a great excuse to give into your cravings.  I went Paleo this past February, but as the pregnancy carries on and on, I'm loving the indulgences.  In my case indulgences = anything with sugar.  I am trying to keep everything in moderation... I usually don't have any sugar until after lunch.

3. I'm a bit of an organization freak.  I finally got around to selecting all my favorite recipes and putting them in a binder for easy locating.  Why I really did it: when our family comes to help out with the baby and I'm craving my favorite waffle recipe, I can just point at the binder and say, "The recipe.  It's in there."

4. The arctic chill has come and gone here in Colorado.  But I'm still dressing in layers.  It has been a bit of a challenge to keep myself clothed warmly when it looks like I've got a basketball stuffed under my shirt, but I'm managing.

5. My little guy can't wait to meet his sister.  'Nuff said.

What's new with you?  Want to share any random thoughts on Thinking Out Loud Thursday?

8 comments:

  1. Your little guy is so cute!! I like your counters and shutters, very pretty kitchen :) I like that your are practicing for Thanksgiving, that just makes me smile :) I love to organize, but I never seem to have time to really pull stuff and get it right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never thought about practicing for Thanksgiving. Last year, I enjoyed Thanksgiving so much, we made a second turkey in mid-December just before Christmas. It was Thanksgiving Part Deux!

      Delete
  2. Testing out Thanksgiving recipes in advance is a great idea!! I also love your indulgences...and that you don't eat them until noon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Testing Thanksgiving recipes in advance is a great way to stretch out Thanksgiving over a longer period! I might have to do the same with Christmas recipes, if baby doesn't come too soon.

      Delete
  3. Your kitchen is gorgeous -- I don't blame you for wanting to spend more time in there :) I actually need to start putting a little more effort into cooking my own meals, because I feel like I've been living on quick snacks lately. And the organization freak in me totally approves of your recipe binder :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda - I do love my kitchen very much.

      Thanks for hosting such a great link-up. I'm sure I'll be back for future Thinking Out Loud sessions!

      Delete
  4. I totally agree with #2. My pregnancy was allll about giving into cravings. Haha. The best excuse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was fortunate that my worst craving during the second trimester was nachos. Sugar is definitely one of those things I am trying to keep at a minimum, pregnancy or not. Fortunately, I've managed to keep my sugar intake to a limit in the third trimester. I'm enjoying all those items in my photo, but in tiny, tiny doses!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...