Friday, November 21, 2014

I Mustache You Some Questions


Have you seen this fun survey making the rounds in the blogosphere?  I was super excited when Angie from A Mother's Pace tagged me to take part.  Thanks Angie!  I was hoping someone would tag me to answer these fun questions!!

Before I begin, I want to mention that I am tagging four lucky bloggers to take part -- that is if you haven't already!
1. Sophie @ Sophie in Clogs
2. Sandy @ Keepin' It Real
3. Leslie @ Life Begins at 30?
4. Yuliya @ Welcome to Mommyhood

The Mustache Questions!

Four names that people call me, other than my real name (Marnie):
1. Mama
2. Keane's mom (that's what his friends at school call me)
3. Ms. Marnie
4. Marn (not commonly used, but I have a few friends who call me that)
Four jobs that I have had:
1. Project manager
2. Software tester
3. Information technology trainer
4. Retail clothing salesperson

Four movies I have watched more than once:
1. Love, Actually (it's a great holiday movie, see if it you haven't!!)
2. Cars (I'm a mom, remember?)
3. Fried Green Tomatoes (I may be dating myself here...)
4. Memento
Four books I'd recommend: (I'm keeping my list to recent publications - no classics)
1. The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt (I have to agree with Angie on this one -- it's a fascinating read)
2. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
3. Atonement by Ian McEwan (the movie isn't bad, either)
4. Bossypants by Tina Fey (because I grew up with SNL)

Four places I have lived:
1. San Francisco, CA
2. Boston, MA
3. Honolulu, HI
4. Yokohama, Japan
Four places I have visited:
1. Manila, Philippines
2. Vancouver, British Columbia
3. Sao Paulo, Brazil
4. Paris, France
Four places I'd rather be right now:
1. Extraordinary Desserts in San Diego, CA
2. Yosemite National Park
3. Snowboarding at Whistler, BC (it might help if I wasn't 34 weeks pregnant)
4.
Exploring the Louvre
Four things I don't eat:
1. Oysters (not a fan)
2. Sweetbreads
3. Huitlacoche

4. Still thinking about a fourth one...
Four of my favorite foods:
1. Nachos
2. Short Ribs
3. Anything from Roy's (Hawaiian food)
4. Tiramisu

Four TV shows that I watch:
2. Chopped
3. Any zombie or vampire show.  Cur
rent addiction: The Strain
4. And, my all time favorite reality show: The Amazing Race

Four Things I Am Looking Forward to in the Upcoming Year:
1. Baby #2 (it's a girl!)
2. Running & cycling again
3. Finding time to cook (after baby #2 comes)
4. A vacation in San Diego or Hawaii (we just need to book it!)

Four Things I'm Always Saying:
1. Clean as you go (I like a tidy kitchen)
2. Listen! (when my son isn't paying attention to me)
3. I don't know (when my son asks his favorite question: why?!)
4. What's the magic word? (prompting my son to use the word 'please')

What's your favorite question from above?  Pick one and answer it!  I'd love to learn something fun about you!

10 comments:

  1. I love this idea :) Great answers, i am chuckling that you can't come up with a fourth food. I've only lived in two places, Baltimore and Richmond. You should share your moving adventures one day ;) I think I need to read Tina Fey's book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should do a post about all the moving I've done. I'd have to do one about being a military brat (Hawaii-Maryland-Japan-California) and then a second one about all the places I've lived post-college (Boston-San Francisco-Hawaii-San Diego-Oakland-Denver).

      I highly recommend Bossypants. A fun, light read that good parts woman-hear-me-roar, motherhood, and SNL/comedy.

      Delete
  2. Oh yay! I had a day next week and didn't know what to blog about, you have solved my problem! Thanks!! I am putting Bossypants on my list of must reads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to read your answers to the "mustache" questions!! I hope you enjoy Bossypants!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for tagging me! I think this is so fun!

    Love, Actually-it is a must watch every year at Christmas for me. Along with Elf and Christmas Vacation.

    I am so jealous of your awesome travels and I love reading about them!

    Did you catch any of the House Hunters Where are they now? It was really fun to see how people updated their homes! It made me want to do home projects-for a minute or so and then I decided to concentrate on getting ready to decorate for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another Love Actually fan! How great!

      I do love to watch House Hunters Where Are They Now, especially the remodel episodes. It is amazing what people do to their homes!!

      Delete
  4. I've been seeing these little surveys around. I love getting a peek at things that might not be shared otherwise :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too. That's why I love these surveys so much...

      Delete
  5. What a fun post idea! I think I may need to convince my boyfriend to watch Love Actually tonight ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that you guys watch it one and are hooked FOR-ever. It's such a fun holiday movie...

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...