Sunday, November 2, 2014

Meal Planning: November 2-8


How was your Halloween Friday?  We had a couple of families over for a quick pre-trick-or-treat dinner of Pot Roast, Mashed Potatoes, and Green Bean Casserole and then we headed out with our three year olds for some fun trick or treating around the block.  It doesn't take long before these little ones' legs tire out.  It was a great time!

It's Sunday and I'm linking up with Laura from Mommy Run Fast and Jill from Fitness, Health, and Happiness.  Join the link up party or just go check out others' meal plans for the week.  That's where I get alot of ideas for meal planning and ideas for new recipes!

So it's another week and another chance to try out more new recipes.  Before we begin with the meal planning, I'd like to share the recipe "wins" from last week.

Recipe Wins from Last Week

The first winner is an appetizer that I've actually made before.  Hubby loved it so much, he requested I make it last Sunday for our afternoon of football & baseball.

For soup & salad night, we were - again - pleasantly surprised by our soup recipe.  So easy to make and so hearty.  It was raining and cold the night we had this soup - a perfect cozy meal to end the day.
Recipe: Sausage and Kale Chowder (I Am That Lady)

The last winner of the week?  Our crockpot chili!  The beef chili was so delicious, I think we'll try a chicken chili this week...  And the smashed potatoes were on Laura's meal plan and they looked so good, I had to try them this week.  My husband loved them so much on Wednesday, we made them again on Friday for our little Halloween dinner.
Recipe: Slow Cooker Chili (Gimme Some Oven)


Recipe Possibilities for the Upcoming Week


Here are the recipes I'm considering, in keeping with my cooking-by-theme for this week.

Grill
Korean Barbecue Beef (Bulgogi)
Grilled Marinated London Broil

Stir Fry
Veggie & Tofu Stir Fry
Stir Fry Ginger Beef

Soup & Salad
Albondigas (Mexican Meatball Soup)
Italian Meatball Soup

Crockpot
Lemon Chicken Stew
Guinness Beef Stew

Seafood
Cod with Braised Kale and Potatoes
Chipotle Shrimp Burritos with Simple Avocado Crema

Anything exciting in your cooking plans for the week?

11 comments:

  1. Those stuffed mushrooms look awesome!! I'll have to remember them for my Thanksgiving menu. That's the one time of year I make stuffed mushrooms. Love your idea to menu plan by theme, may try that out some time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stuffed mushrooms are delicious no matter what you put in them! I especially like this one because there are no breadcrumbs and the combination of feta & white cheddar cheese is delicious with the spinach.

      Delete
    2. Oh and the cream cheese, duh. Forgot about that too.

      Delete
  2. Oh wow- those stuffed mushrooms do look SO good! You can't go wrong with feta and bacon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, you can never go wrong with a little bacon. :-)

      Delete
  3. Spinach and feta are two of my favorite things ever ")

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes spinach & feta. Delish. So says my Greek husband.

      Delete
  4. All of the food you cooked looks delicious! I also love the idea of a kale and sausage chowder! Yum :) I am really loving how you're meal planning - the categories are definitely a fun idea and still give you enough freedom to choose what you're in the mood for at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yuliya! I'm just happy that I'm continuing with the meal planning. I didn't know if I was going to last more than a couple of weeks, but the thematic meal planning is definitely working for me.

      Delete
  5. The stuffed mushrooms and the Chowder look amazing!! I might need to make those really soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both the stuffed mushrooms and chowder are repeat dishes in our household.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...