Sunday, November 30, 2014

Meal Planning: November 30 - December 6


The last two weeks I didn't feature regular meal plans.  Instead, I featured a collection of veggie sides and holiday appetizers.  This week I'm back to regular meal planning... which is by method of cooking.  I generally choose recipes that I haven't made before, and then pick a few, which I try during the week.  I have three weeks left until baby #2 is born, so I'm trying to squeeze in as much time in the kitchen as possible.  I know I'll miss cooking after the baby is born, so this is my time to enjoy the kitchen while I still can.

But before we dive into the recipe options for this week's meal plans, here are some recipe wins from the last week.


Recipe Wins from Last Week

I'm sure it's no surprise that I'm sharing recipes from a week of Thanksgiving eats...

My first recipe "win" includes one of my favorite winter veggies.  Thank you to Skinnytaste.com for sharing this awesome gratin recipe.  It was sooo easy to make, too.
Recipe: Brussel Sprouts Gratin (Skinnytaste)

Hubby picked out the next recipe.  He believes that Thanksgiving isn't Thanksgiving unless there is a sweet potato dish on the menu.  I really liked this dish and was surprised at how simple it was.  We'll probably make this on any given weeknight in the future.
Recipe: Maple Baked Sweet Potatoes (Food & Wine)

Recipe Possibilities for this Week's Meal Plan

If you're new to how I meal plan, here's what I do: I take my theme for each night and then list 2-3 recipes for each theme.  I hate being locked into one recipe, and I've found that I like the power of choice.  So...I feature a few options for each night's "theme".  I'm also adding some recipes for "sides" that I can mix or match with a few of the entrees, should I choose to try and make them.

Sides
I'm constantly searching for new ideas for sides...

Monday: Soup & Salad
My husband and I are loving soup this winter, so here are two options we might try:

Tuesday: Stir Fry
Stir fry dishes are a great way to get dinner on the table fast.  I do the prep before my husband gets home from work, and when we're ready to eat, it's only a matter of minutes before we have dinner on the table.

Thursday: Grill
Hanger steak is usually a cheaper cut of meat, so I dug up these two options...

Friday: Fast & Easy
On Friday night, we don't want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen.  I'm not sure how fast the lamb recipe really is (it says less than an hour), but we'll see...
Chicken with Tarragon-Caper Sauce and Mixed Greens
Provencal Rack of Lamb

Saturday: Seafood
I'm trying to experiment with different fish taco recipes to see what we like best.
Fiesta Fish Tacos
Baja Style Fish Tacos


Want More Meal Planning Ideas?

For more inspiration, go check out the blogs of our meal planning hostesses, Laura from Mommy Run Fast and Jill from Fitness, Health, and Happiness.

Are you still recovering from Thanksgiving?  Will you be cooking much this week or living off leftovers?

9 comments:

  1. Stir frys are always fast and so good... I should include them more often. That brussel sprouts dish looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The brussel sprouts dish WAS awesome. If you find any good stir fry recipes, do share!

      Delete
  2. Skinny Taste always has great recipes. I honestly don't recall one failure of hers. Mmm that hamburger soup sounds great. Bookmarking it now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, SkinnyTaste is so dependable. I hope the hamburger soup turns out!

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to know how the fish tacos turn out! I love any kind of taco!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! I prefer soft tacos over crunchy tacos.

      Delete
  4. Ohh! I have never had fish tacos! I really look forward to reading about what you come up with :)

    We'll still be eating loads of Thanksgiving-y dishes at least in the form of sweet potatoes and brussels sprouts which are just generally my current obsessions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so tired of turkey, stuffing, and all the other sides. I'm afraid we're going to have to throw some of them out before we finish them...

      I will be sure to do a Fish Taco update at some point!

      Delete
  5. My SIL made the brussells sprouts gratin for Thanksgiving as well. Total win! I loved them! I made your crockpot chicken pot pie soup yesterday as well. So delicious!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...