Wednesday, November 5, 2014

WIAW #25: 32 Weeks Pregnant

Agh!  It's November!  I'm stuck in a time warp.  The last two months went by quicker than I thought they would.

I suppose that would happen if you're 32 weeks pregnant.  Yup, I'm still smiling!  Although I'm feeling as big as a house and am so ready to just have this baby already...

So here's what this pregnant mama ate on Tuesday - Election Day.  Obviously my priorities were elsewhere because I didn't get many great food photos today.  But I did eat!
I'm linking up with Jenn from Peas and Crayons and if you love food, I recommend you link up, too, or at least go check out what everyone else is eating.  I sometimes find a new blog to love just by cruising the link party for food photos.  Ha!

Chai Tea with Honey and some Half & Half.  Because that's what I'm drinking these days!  I'm so over coffee...

Crab benedict with a side of smashed potatoes.  No, I did not make crab benedict Tuesday morning.  That's the leftover benedict from Sunday brunch... It wasn't as good as the other half I had on Sunday, but it wasn't bad considering I didn't have to do anything but do a reheat in the oven.  Even the smashed potatoes were leftovers (from dinner the night before).

Green beans with butter & garlic.  Lunch was leftovers from last night's dinner (grilled flank steak), so I knew I needed to add something fresh to my plate.  Green beans are so easy!  Boil some water, blanch for 5-7 minutes, drain, then toss around in a hot pan with a little butter & garlic.  YUM!

Leftover steak with green beans and rice.  And there you have it.  Green beans front & center.

The afternoon included a lovely hour-long nap (this pregnant mama needs her rest!) and then a banana for an afternoon nap.  No photo of the banana.  I think we all know what a banana looks like.

Chicken stir fry.  I added in the leftover green beans from lunch.  Baby girl is just digging the green beans -- I know -- she started kicking after both lunch and dinner.

Pumpkin pie.  And as if all that food wasn't enough, I felt that something was missing.  So after I put my three year old son to bed, I decided that it was time to make some pumpkin pie.  And so my day of eating ends...

Are you looking forward to Thanksgiving?  Or is the holiday not a big deal in your household?

16 comments:

  1. Mmm your post has me craving green beans! I haven't had them in ages for some reason!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are green beans hard to come by in the Netherlands? I'm doubting that -- given all your awesome food photos!!

      Delete
  2. Of course you look fantastic (you are all belly!).

    Green beans with garlic and butter is one of my faves. I could eat so much of it!

    Those little pumpkin pies are a really cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacey! Green beans are definitely one of my fave veggies right now... they've knocked broccoli off the top 3 list. When it comes to veggies, I'm all about (1) green beans; (2) brussel sprouts; (3) tomatoes.

      Delete
  3. Leftovers are great during pregnancy. Less work & as long as it still tastes good, it's a win :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to hate leftovers, but after not working in an office for over three years, I've learned to embrace leftovers. I actually plan my dinner menus based on what will taste good the next day!!

      Delete
  4. I am not a green bean fan. I love pretty much every other veggie though. I like Thanksgiving because it is a great time with family, but I would be just as happy to skip to Christmas. Speaking of, can I put my decorations up NOW??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a friend of mine likes to quip all the time, it's a free country. Put up your decorations - whatever holiday they may be for -- whenever you like!!

      Delete
  5. You are looking fantastic, Marnie! I love seeing your bump. :) I haven't tried garlic in green beans before and it looks so easy and yummy. I'm trying it next time we make them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angie! What is it about pregnant mamas and seeing their bumps! I love seeing other mama's bumps too!

      Delete
    2. You looking amazing, Marnie!! I love following along with your pregnancy!!
      haha, I love when you said, no banana pic, "i think we all know what a banana looks like". I love it! I wonder if anyone would comment that they don't know what one looks like?!?!
      Your food looks great! I need to make more stir-fries!

      Delete
    3. Thanks Lindsey for following along with my pregnancy. It's a special time -- and I think this is the last time. Ha!

      Delete
  6. I'm so ready for Thanksgiving.I get to go home and see family.

    I love your food. I'm so impressed that you are pregnant, put a kid to bed, and made pumpkin pie in the same night. I can barely put myself to bed sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I love about the holidays too - getting together with family. It really is a special time.

      As for putting the kid to bed and making pumpkin pie in the same night: I'm blessed that my son is a good sleeper right now (knock on wood). And pumpkin pie from the recipe on the back of the Libby's can is one of the easiest things one can make, if they use a pre-made crust! Easier than making cake from a box mix!

      Delete
  7. Yum to all your food :) I could really go for some pumpkin pie like right now :)

    Thanksgiving is not even a thing here in NL, but I do like it. We celebrated with some friends last year, but I don't think we will this year. I have a baby shower this upcoming sunday, then the weekend after is a SIL's birthday and the next day we are doing our Saint Nicholas Day family celebration so it's just too many parties. Next year, I will make it a bigger deal :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum to all your food :) I could really go for some pumpkin pie like right now :)

    Thanksgiving is not even a thing here in NL, but I do like it. We celebrated with some friends last year, but I don't think we will this year. I have a baby shower this upcoming sunday, then the weekend after is a SIL's birthday and the next day we are doing our Saint Nicholas Day family celebration so it's just too many parties. Next year, I will make it a bigger deal :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...