Wednesday, November 19, 2014

WIAW #26: 34 Weeks Pregnant

I was bummed that I missed What I Ate Wednesday (WIAW) last week.  After all, Jenn from Peas and Crayons hosts my favorite link up party of the week.  I love all things food.

Last week was a bit of a weird week.  First, I was coping with the recent development that I could have my baby at any time, and then the weather in Denver plunged for an entire week!  Knowing that I could go into labor at any time, I found myself thinking, this could be the last day I can go out and have Indian food... Or, this could be the last day I can cook myself a really good meal (beet salad!) or cook whatever I'm craving at the moment (Mexican!)  Or...this might be the last day I can go to Sugarmill (which has fabulous desserts!) and have lunch and a delicious dessert in complete solitude and peace.

So I've had a really fun week of eating.  Last week was the 34th week and I'm still pregnant.  It was a great week of eating.
Indian food from my favorite Indian buffet.  I may have had two plates of food...

I made this beet & orange salad (with hazelnuts and cheese).  It was delicious!
My first attempt at chicken enchiladas...thank you Gimme Some Oven!
The most amazing burrata sandwich I have ever had.  The potato chips and pickle were pretty good, too.
And dessert!  A sublime lemon raspberry cheesecake, fresh fruit and a lemon-lime sorbet that was out of this world.

Have you been enjoying good eats lately?  Or are you waiting for Thanksgiving?

20 comments:

  1. I was originally going to make enchiladas this week as well, but ended up turning them into an enchilada casserole dish instead. Still fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't enchiladas delicious! And so easy to make...

      Delete
  2. Best. Week. EVER.
    Burrata sandwich is something I've never heard of and now I don't see why not - what could be more natural??! Need to get to the Italian deli stat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I haven't found anywhere else serving a burrata sandwich. But burrata is one of those things that could probably be good with anything. Well, almost anything. :-)

      Delete
  3. Your enchiladas look great! You already look like a pro! What is burrata? It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Burrata is a very creamy type of mozzarella cheese that has to be made from specific cows or a specific technique (I can't remember which). I watched this show once where they were trying to make burrata outside of Italy (in California, actually), and they were having trouble getting it to match the perfectness of burrata from Italy.

      Delete
  4. http://www.playingparent.co.uk/
    I found a blog you may enjoy reading Marnie :)
    The Indian food loooks so good! The spinach is making me hungry. I've been a bit indulgent the past few days, I ate a very big pile of sweet potato fries last night ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, thanks for passing along that blog -- I have added it to my list to follow.

      I love really good Indian food. The spinach (saag paneer) is one of those dishes that I like to have a little of, but not too much, so when it is at the Indian buffet, I can easily get my fill.

      Sweet potato fries are the best!

      Delete
  5. Indian food is one of my faves!! I just had some Biryani the other night actually, but it was so spicy I could barely finish it. Still delicious though. I'm glad you're getting to eat some of your favorites before the baby comes. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indian food is one of those cuisines where I find it much easier to eat out than try and make at home. So much work!

      Delete
  6. Oh so much yumminess! I craved Indian like crazy when I was pregnant- both times. So weird! I still love Indian food... mmm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! However, I cannot get my son to eat any Indian food despite how much I consumed when I was pregnant with him. I'm going to try with the second one...

      Delete
  7. Wow!!! This all looks fabulous! The enchiladas?! Mmm, the cheesecake, burger, oh my gosh! I want everything right now haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was ALL good. I want to go back for another burrata burger and dessert, but I think I'll give it at least a week... before I return.

      Delete
  8. The enchiladas look great!! My husband and I love them, the kids not so much! I also love the look of your Indian food... we might need to go seek out an Indian restaurant for a date night sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the enchiladas were pretty good -- I want to play with the enchilada sauce recipe a bit -- but I think we'll be adding it to our list of favorite recipes.

      Delete
  9. the beet and orange salad looks so tasty! Great combo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow! What yummy looking meals! The sandwich and chips look the yummiest though!

    Thanks for sharing.

    Wishing you well.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! I'm enjoying your blog alot these days!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...