Friday, December 12, 2014

Friday Favorites


It's Friday!  I've survived week two with our new baby and it's been quite a good week.  Let's kick off this weekend with a celebration of all the wonderful things that happened this week.

We hosted a potluck last Sunday.  We had the potluck scheduled weeks ago, before we knew that Baby O was going to arrive on December 1.  We waited until we got back from the hospital and had settled in at home and decided that with my MIL around, we could still host the potluck, since we were providing appetizers and drinks and everyone else was providing all the other food.  It was really great to see our friends and I know our son had fun playing with his friends.

My mother in law is making some fabulous meals.  It is so nice not to have to cook.  I can focus on bonding with Baby O and nursing her (which I have to do every 2-3 hours).  And the best part?  My MIL is here for the entire month of December!  Here is one of my favorite meals so far, chicken marengo.

The holiday decorations are up!  We managed to get the Christmas tree up last weekend, and it is just so nice to have the Christmas tree and all our holiday decorations up around the house.
We went shopping!  My mother-in-law and I actually made it out of the house on Thursday and got most of our gift shopping done.  I usually avoid the mall during the month of December, but going shopping in the middle of the day on Thursday was actually not too terrible.

While at the mall, I picked up some chocolate.  Since we were at the mall, I restocked on some of my favorite truffles.  It's one of my favorite treats.

How was your week?  Are you busy with holiday shopping and other holiday events?

10 comments:

  1. I can't believe you went shopping-- awesome :) How wonderful to have help and not cook. There's nothing like a good truffle! I haven't even shopped yet, and I have no excuses...except work. lol I have decided to try to marathon train, so that is taking up time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I can't believe we went shopping, too. This first two weeks of newborn is soooo different from the first two weeks with my first child. I keep thinking, When's our good luck going to end.

      I think marathon training is a good excuse for not shopping. :-)

      Delete
  2. I'm so happy to read that you're recovering so quickly! Hosting a potluck, going shopping - sounds like you are doing really well :) And how kind of your MIL to help you guys out like this so you can focus on the new baby :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sophie! We do feel a bit like super parents right now with all that we are doing despite our newborn.

      Delete
  3. Those truffles look amazing! And it's so nice to see that it's a bit 'easier' (in terms of knowing what you're kind of doing) with number 2. 6 weeks or so until I'm in these same shoes....AH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The truffles are pretty good. And I have my favorite flavors... mostly the dark chocolate flavors.

      Delete
  4. I'm almost done with Christmas shopping. I think we are going to brave a few stores this weekend. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with Christmas shopping! The weekend crowds could be a challenge...

      Delete
  5. I am super impressed!! A potluck, shopping and decorating?? Amazing!! And still blogging everyday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say we got luck with the potluck. I fed baby O right before the potluck started and she slept for the next 3 hours -- just enough time for us to enjoy being with our guests. She promptly woke up half an hour after the last guest left!! I doubt that kind of timing will ever happen again...

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...