Wednesday, December 24, 2014

WIAW #29: More Postpartum Eats


Just like last Wednesday, I'm linking up with Jenn from Peas & Crayons!  Not only do I enjoy celebrating eating good food, but I also like to see what other people are eating... with this being a big holiday week, I'm sure people will be posting some delicious food ideas.

Come check out the link up!

If you're dropping by my blog for the first time, I should preface my WIAW post with the following facts:
1. I'm nursing a newborn, which means I'm hungry all the time.
2. My mother-in-law is staying with us for the entire month of December and she is cooking us some fabulous meals.
3. I love food, I love cooking, but I just don't have time to cook much so I'm very thankful for all the amazing meals my MIL is making.



Mornings

Except for the occasional outing for brunch, breakfast is a pretty low-key event.  I've been doing alot of eggs (fried, hard boiled, scrambled) and I'm sick of eggs, so I've been trying different variations on smoothies: with or without yogurt, different fruits (peaches, mixed berries, blackberries, mangoes), and a little protein powder.
And two variations of my standard eggs-for-breakfast: (1) fried eggs and an english muffin (2) baked eggs)...


Snacks

I'm not a big snacker, but when I do need a quick snack these days, I'm munching on these sweet & spicy roasted nuts.  This is a recipe we make every holiday, and this year I've made two batches and I'm getting ready to make a third batch, we're eating so many of these nuts.

Sides

Most times, the sides are as important if not more important than the main dish at lunch and dinner time.  We love to roast veggies in the winter -- it's an easy way to prepare vegetables, and it tastes really good, too.  Below: roasted cauliflower, green beans with caramelized pecans, and salad with apples, pecans, and feta.

Lunch/Dinner

And of course, there are the main courses.  As I shared in last week's WIAW, we've been eating pretty well.  The good meals continue.  Below, pot roast with rice and brussel sprouts; salmon with salad; and meatloaf, brussel sprouts, and salad.  Can you tell I love brussel sprouts?
What are your dinner plans for Christmas day?  Is there anything in particular you are looking forward to?

4 comments:

  1. That's so nice of your mother in law! And all the food looks delicious :) Have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. More delicious foods!! I love brussel sprouts too. Roasted are the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roasted is my favorite way to enjoy brussel sprouts for sure...

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...