Friday, January 16, 2015

At this Moment...


Happy Friday!  How is the new year treating you so far?  I feel like I've been preparing for 2015 for so long, I haven't fallen into that trap of referring to the new year as the old year (i.e. thinking it's still 2014).

A lot of bloggers were excited about their new 2015 planners.  Although mine isn't anything fancy, I was excited to order a new pattern for my 2015 refill pages.  I normally keep a journal but with Baby O keeping my hands full, I barely have enough free time to blog, so I've been using my planner to track my schedule, write down To Do lists, and jot down quick notes (that would normally go into a journal entry).

So what's going on in my life?  Well, at this moment...


I'm re-reading these baby books!  I've survived my first full week alone with Baby O and it's been mostly good.  Even as a second time mom, I have to say, it's still tough when you're sleep deprived.  There were alot of things we didn't research with baby #1, so hubby and I read several books including these.  Unfortunately, we're rereading some parts, particularly the books about sleeping (which is growing increasingly rare with Baby O)...

I'm working on getting active again.  I basically gave up walking after the end of my second trimester because I was just too uncomfortable.  So I'm happy to get active again.  I'm starting with walking and I hope to eventually work up to running.  I've gone walking twice with Baby O in the carrier.  It's been a great start.  (I know I look pregnant in the photo below, but that IS a baby carrier I'm wearing)

I'm enjoying chocolate.  In the mix of all the amazing food we scored over the holidays, we got a box of handcrafted chocolates that has got to be some of the best chocolate I've ever had.  I hid the box in our office, and I've been enjoying a piece whenever I've had a tough day.  Unfortunately, I'm down to two pieces. :-(


How was your week?  What's going on in your life at this moment?

6 comments:

  1. I am right there with you on reading about sleep! I have Healthy Sleep Habits Healthy Child but I'm finding that it is one thing to read about sleep and sleep strategies and another to actually try to implement them. Connor naps well (most of the time) but we really struggle at night, sigh. I hope things improve for you and Baby O :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I feel the same way about sleep strategies and then implementing them. From what I've gleaned from your blog, it sounds like you might be doing alot of the implementing on your own. I've got my husband to help out and it's definitely not a case of two heads are better than one. If anything, we're both banging our heads against the wall every night.

      Delete
  2. Sleeping was the one thing I researched when I had my first! Isn't sleep all you can think about when you aren't getting any :( I remember those days! I read a great one, I will have to see if I still have it and let you know the title! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandy, it's so true: sleep is ALL you can think about when you aren't getting any. My favorite, middle-of-the-night move? When I'm truly, truly exhausted and can't muster any more energy to do any more rocking, swaying, or bouncing, I simply look at Baby O and say, OK it's every woman for herself, and then I lay down with her and hope that she will fall asleep looking at her mama passed out next to her. :-)

      Delete
  3. I hope baby O starts cooperating with the sleep for your guys' sake!!! Until then, I think it would be more than reasonable to track down that chocolatier and order yourself 10 more boxes!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...