Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Baby & Mama Update: 2 Months!


My last baby & mama update was at the four week mark.  I've been pretty busy since then and gave up on posting the five and six week updates (both of which were half done, but never completed).  Time is flying!  I can't believe Baby O is now two months old.  She's going to be off to college before I know it.

Here's what's going on at the two month mark for baby and mama:


Schedule
There is no schedule (grin).  I've learned to take it in stride.  We wake up somewhere between 6 and 9am, depending on when Baby O wakes up to nurse.  Lately, it's been somewhere around 7am.  Here's a typical weekday: I put Baby O in the baby carrier so that I can get breakfast made (and eaten) and then I do some housework, so that I can feel somewhat productive.  By 10 or 11am, we're tired of the carrier, so we nurse and then I try and get out of the house either for a walk or a short outing.  The afternoons are usually spent trying to nap together or catching a movie.  I cannot believe how many movies I've watched in the past month!

Nursing
The exclusive breastfeeding continues to go well.  In addition to nursing, I'm continuing to pump in the morning and at night (usually after the midnight feeding because that's when I produce the most milk, and still have quite a bit of milk after I nurse Baby O).  I've started stockpiling milk in the freezer, just in case I get sick and can't nurse.

Sleep

Baby O seems to be sleeping better at the two month mark.  She has been sleeping three and four hour stretches at night, which has been great!  Sometimes we'll regress, which is no surprise; I'll take the longer stretches of sleep whenever they come.  We're still having trouble sleeping during the day, but if she's in a carrier, in a car, or in someone's arms, she'll happily sleep during the day.

About that Fussiness
Yes, she still wants to be held all the time.  I am hoping the need to be held at all times will only last through the first three months, but I'm also preparing myself for her continuing to be needy well past that.  I alternate between the K'tan (unstructured carrier) and the Baby Bjorn (structured carrier) and she seems to enjoy both.

Mama's Health (and Sanity)
I was cleared at my 6-week postpartum appointment to ease into getting active again, so I've started by walking with Baby O at least three times a week.  I want to do other forms of exercise (ride the spin bike, yoga, or light weights) but I won't be able to do any of those things during the week when I'm home alone until Baby O shows that she can be put down for an extended period of time.

In general, I'm really enjoying Baby O and I think alot of that has to do with the fact that I know this is the last baby I'll ever have!

What's Next
Now that we're at the two month mark and Baby O is going to get her first set of vaccinations (on Friday), I'm going to start getting out more.  I'm looking at reading time at our local library and baby yoga at a nearby yoga studio.

Mamas with infants or toddlers: do you remember the two month milestone?  What has been your favorite milestone so far?

4 comments:

  1. Soak in all the cuddling while you can! That was my favorite part of having a newborn and it goes by so fast! Glad to hear you are getting more sleep at night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandy, you bet I am getting in as many cuddles as I can!! Other than needing to be held all the time, my baby is such an easy baby!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness. That photo of your sweet girl is precious! It's great that you are able to use the carriers and hold her while doing other things as well. Enjoy those snuggles, time goes by so quickly! Lately my almost 2 year old has wanted to be held while she falls asleep at night and it's hard to say no to her. I have to enjoy it while she still wants to do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angie, thanks for stopping by! We just went to the 2-month pediatrician appointment and she is up to 8.5 pounds!! She's tiny for her age, but she's still growing. I can't believe she was 3 pounds lighter when she was born. I already miss it...

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...