Saturday, January 17, 2015

Exercise & Meal Plans: January 2015, Week 3

How is your weekend going?  We've been enjoying some unseasonably warm weather here in Colorado, so you bet we got outside on Saturday!  Friday night, Baby O cooperated and my husband and I both got some much needed sleep, so on Saturday, we headed out for brunch and a trip to the science museum.  I have to say, I was pretty thrilled to be able to wake up Saturday morning, take a proper shower, and put on some makeup.  I felt like a brand new woman.

It was also nice to be able to spend some quality time with my son.  It's hard to find time to spend with him when I only see him in the evenings when he comes home with my husband.  They get home around 5, we eat dinner at 6, and then it's bath and a bedtime story all by 7:30pm.  He and I had alot of fun at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science:

Exercise for January 11-17: check in!

Monday: walk 20-30 minutes and/or light weights - walked on Tuesday
Wednesday: walk 20-30 minutes and/or light weights - walked on Thursday
Friday: walk 20-30 minutes and/or light weights - walked on Saturday
Saturday or Sunday: yoga - I hope to fit this in on Sunday

I wear a Fitbit and it helps me track how many steps I take each day.  Knowing how much (or how little) I've walked can influence me to do things like park a little further from the store to get some extra exercise in, take the stairs, or just plain get out and go for a walk.

I went to my 6-week postpartum appointment this week and my OB/GYN cleared me to get active again.  I want to take it easy at first, and I think I'm off to a good start.  A year ago, my daily Fitbit goal was 15,000 steps.  Right now I'm targeting 5,000 steps a day.  I hope to get back up to 10,000 steps a day by mid-February.

Meal Plan for January 18-24

My husband helped out with the meal planning this week!  Making dinner last week did not go as smoothly as planned.  We cooked a few meals but also had to eat out a few more nights than we would have liked.  Here's what we're hoping to make this week for dinner:

Sunday - meatballs with spaghetti squash; green salad with tomato and avocado

Monday - roasted chicken (from the store) + greens + roasted veggies

Tuesday - corn cod chowder and roasted brussel sprouts

Wednesday - dine out

Thursday - breakfast for dinner (TBD)

Friday - chicken marsala with green beans

Saturday - baked salmon with roasted broccoli and butternut squash


Want more meal planning ideas?

A big thanks to the meal planning hostesses, Laura from Mommy Run Fast and Jill from Fitness, Health, and Happiness.  Check out their pages for more ideas and other bloggers meal plans!!

Have you ever had a period in you life where you struggled with sleep due to insomnia, stress, or parenting?  How did you cope?


11 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a nice weekend! I have a Misfit that has been great for tracking my steps and sleep....sad to know I'm not as active as I thought! I hope everything progresses well as you start to get more active post-partum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janelle! Loved reading your meal outcomes in this week's meal planning link up!

      Delete
  2. We enjoyed unseasonably warm weather too and even sunshine on Saturday. Yay to getting back to being active!

    Thanks for linking up and sharing your delicious menu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! And congrats to you on your affiliation to RunThisYear! I'm thinking about doing it... just not sure when I'll start running again...

      Delete
  3. Your weekend sounds like it was so delightful, and the picture of your son at the museum is too adorable! Glad that you are in the clear and can start to be active again! (Also very inspiring for my lazy self this Monday)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sophie! Can't wait to see more from you about your new hometown!

      Delete
  4. You always inspire me not to be scared to take my toddler out into the real world! You're so brave haha. It sounds like you guys had a lovely weekend! It's awesome that your husband helped with meal planning, too! And you're amazing for even thinking about exercise so soon after your babe was born!

    Random question - does your son still nap? I have a hard time planning around much needed nap time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yuliya! With my first one, I was *terrified* to take him out to restaurants (which is one of my favorite things to do) because I was breastfeeding and afraid to do so in public. And then I joined a breastfeeding support group and learned that although I was in good company, most of the other women in the group were perfectly OK with nursing in public. They taught me the ropes!

      No, my son is phasing out his afternoon nap. We hung in there until recently; he's now 42 months, so we're really happy with how long he kept napping. But right after the holidays (and interestingly, the newborn arrived), he stopped napping at school, and he is also not napping at home on the weekends with us. Email me if you want more specifics!

      Delete
  5. We had warm weather in Maine on Saturday too! It was so great, but I always kind of dislike those nice days because I know when I have to put my winter jacket on the very next day it just makes me a little sadder :) Good luck with the meal plan this week! It can be so hard, but at least you have a plan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sandy, I was wondering where you lived. I know what you mean about getting a "teaser" nice day. It's like being offered a dessert while you're eating a bunch of veggies you may not care for... of course you're going to want more dessert!

      Delete
  6. That's a really tasty meal plan! The meats and veggies seem to be properly balanced out. You can't have too much of either in a day. But you can always make it so that they're both irresistible.

    Mae Tyler @ St. Andrew Poultry

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...