Saturday, January 31, 2015

Exercise Recap + Meal Plan: February 2015, Week 1


Normally I would post my meal plan on Sunday morning but this weekend is going to be packed.  So I'm getting a head start and planning next week's meals on this lovely Friday afternoon... and then jumping into the weekend with both feet!


My workout plans only involve walking right now, but I am itching to start running again.  Here's a selfie from the last race I ran: a 10K on Mother's Day...

Baby O just turned two months old and I'm hoping that in another month, she'll be big enough that I will feel comfortable leaving her with childcare at our local gym.  If that happens, I can start fitting in some runs during the week!  Otherwise, my only options are to wake up and run before my husband leaves for work on weekday mornings (probably not happening) and/or running on the weekends.

So that's just what I've got on the brain, exercise-wise!


Exercise for January 25-31

Despite a few nights here and there of less-than-quality sleep (that's life with a newborn for you!), I was able to get some decent exercise in.  On days I don't manage to get out of the house, I've turned to doing stairs in our house.  If I climb both flights of stairs while carrying Baby O (basement to main floor to second floor) that's a pretty good workout!!

Monday - 3.2 mile walk (50 minutes)

Tuesday - 1.5 mile walk (25 minutes)

Wednesday - rest day

Thursday - hiking the stairs with Baby O (I think I walked about 7-9 sets, or 14-18 flights)

Friday - rest day

Saturday - plan: as much of Jillian's 30 Day Shred as I can muster

I was supposed to try to go to Baby & Mom Yoga this past week, but it didn't happen.  It's still on the to do list!

Meal Prep for the Week

I've found that having these things washed, chopped, and stored in the fridge is making it easier to make meals with a newborn, so I've gotten into the habit of getting these items prepped and stored in the fridge so that I can put any meal together in a flash.  Do you prep things?  If so, what do you like to have prepped and ready in your fridge?

-Garlic
-Onions
-Bell peppers
-Broccoli
-Butternut squash
-Brussel sprouts
-Carrots
- Strawberries/blueberries/grapes (washed and cut, it makes for great snacking!)

Meal Plan for February, Week 1

My husband and I are trying to shift more of our eating to Paleo/Primal so you'll see that reflected in this week's meal plan.

BREAKFAST
LUNCH/DINNER




SNACKS

Want more meal planning ideas?

A big thanks to the meal planning hostesses, Laura from Mommy Run Fast and Jill from Fitness, Health, and Happiness.  Check out their pages for more ideas and other bloggers meal plans!!

I won't be watching the Superbowl this weekend, but I'm curious, will you be watching?  Are you making anything for Superbowl Sunday or looking forward to eating something particular?

4 comments:

  1. Brinner should be on everyones meal plan at least 2x a month! As should those crockpot meatballs. I'm thinking they'll be good for next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessie, my husband would wholeheartedly agree with you on brinner happening more often. Isn't breakfast everyone's favorite meal of the day? LOL.

      We made the crockpot meatballs this weekend, and that particular recipe I shared needed a little tweaking -- more seasonings! I'm sure we'll be making them again so I can get the flavor just right!

      Delete
  2. I may have to try those crockpot meatballs! All the food looks great!! I did watch the super bowl! I am a New England fan and was very happy to see them win! I do not watch all the games, but I do love to watch football. I grew up watching it and still can get into the games! Last night was no exception, best game I have seen in a long time!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on your team winning! We ended up recording the Super Bowl because we went skiing on Sunday and did not come home until after the game had started. And yes, the game was a really good one!

      If you try the crockpot meatballs, you might want to try and amp up the seasoning. I'm going to make it again and try adding onion and garlic powder to the meatballs... I like my meat to have a little flavor!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...